Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sign-in Request for the gallery after upgrade?

I keep getting this Sign-in Request in my notifications drop down. As for the gallery. It appears that it's going to take me to sync with Picasso and I do not want to use Picasso. Everytime I slide it off the notification drop down it returns. I don't see any setting to disable this in the gallery. Anybody having this problem that's found a solution?

Deb from my Note 3
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Sign-in Request for the gallery after upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyKids View Post
    I keep getting this Sign-in Request in my notifications drop down. As for the gallery. It appears that it's going to take me to sync with Picasso and I do not want to use Picasso. Everytime I slide it off the notification drop down it returns. I don't see any setting to disable this in the gallery. Anybody having this problem that's found a solution?

Deb from my Note 3
    Well, yes this problem do keeps me appearing to me. what it does is it sync all the photos in the Picasa to my note and the problem is I can't even delete that pictures manually. I have tried going to the view settings select the pictures in device only to be viewed but every time I restart my device it just keep on showing the same i.e. Picasa synchronised picture.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No way no how do I want my pictures synced with Picasa.

Deb from my Note 3
    Deb

Global Posts
    678 Global Posts

Getting this as well, every time I go into the gallery... its rather annoying

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Sign in and make sure u turn off sync and it works like it use to. All it wants is to validate ur Google for picasa. It won't sync ur naughty photos.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by 2:
    behkj11 
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

No dirty pics and NO Picasa. I've had it up to here with Google infiltrating my life. My pictures are mine I don't share on Picasa unless I make it happen. Google is not going to take over my photo life.

Deb from my Note 3
    Deb
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

FOUND A POSSIBLE FIX! But am I ever ticked off now! I found this fix for the annoying gallery sign-in request:

Android: Disable Syncing of Picasa Web Albums to Gallery App | a Tech-Recipes Tutorial

So, I go into my settings to follow the instructions and to my very UNPLEASANT surprise I find that KitKat reset ALL my sync settings (which I had turned OFF!!!) to ON!!!!!!!!! Every freaking one of them were set to sync.

I have more than a few choice words for Google right now!!!!!!!! but these are the only ones I can think of at the moment that I can say on a forum board ... how freaking DARE they!!!!!!! I turn these things off for a reason they have NO RIGHT to turn them back on!!!!!! When privacy invasion things like this happen I just want to scream "I want my BlackBerry back!"

I did follow the instructions for the fix a few minutes ago (and turned off everything from syncing!) so it's too soon to tell if it got rid of that sign-in thing.

Hope this helps.
    Deb

Global Posts
    532 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyKids View Post
    FOUND A POSSIBLE FIX! But am I ever ticked off now! I found this fix for the annoying gallery sign-in request:

Android: Disable Syncing of Picasa Web Albums to Gallery App | a Tech-Recipes Tutorial

So, I go into my settings to follow the instructions and to my very UNPLEASANT surprise I find that KitKat reset ALL my sync settings (which I had turned OFF!!!) to ON!!!!!!!!! Every freaking one of them were set to sync.

I have more than a few choice words for Google right now!!!!!!!! but these are the only ones I can think of at the moment that I can say on a forum board ... how freaking DARE they!!!!!!! I turn these things off for a reason they have NO RIGHT to turn them back on!!!!!! When privacy invasion things like this happen I just want to scream "I want my BlackBerry back!"

I did follow the instructions for the fix a few minutes ago (and turned off everything from syncing!) so it's too soon to tell if it got rid of that sign-in thing.

Hope this helps.
    I'm not sure what Picasa is but I've had no issues with my gallery since the ota update. I took lots of pics at an event last night. They're all in my gallery and saved on my sd card. All seems fine

sent from my Note 3

Oh thank you Jesus!!!! Lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk