After Kit Kat upgrade

steveL332

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I did the OTA update to Kit Kat yesterday evening. The only issue I had was the connection to my Wi-Fi range extender. My phone said it was connected to it, but launching any app that required an internet connection failed. I could connect to my main router and it worked fine. This lasted about an hour, then the connection to the range extender worked fine and has since. I'm also not getting the typical unstable Wi-Fi messages anymore. It appears Verizon has fixed the Wi-Fi issue. So far everything seems to work fine.

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
After update tried the camera. Nice shots, but couldn't find pics in the gallery. Noticed the default pic names were 2013....... WTF?

Date/Time in Settings was now set to a date in April(?) of 2013. Checked box to set date to network date. Pic name problem solved.

Posted via Android Central App

steveL332

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Yep, my wi-fi issues were fixed thankfully! I also noticed in the built in task manager when I had 4.3 there was only 2.1 GB of RAM that was available. Now after the 4.4 update, there is 2.7 GB available. So far I haven't experienced anything negative with the update.