Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to add apps to Pen Wndow under kitKat update?

One thing I noticed that seems to be new after updating to KitKat is the the option to add and remove apps available under Pen Window. I haven't had my Note 3 for long, so if I'm mistaken on the following let me know. Anyway, when creating a Pen Window, I noticed at the top of the app selection list there is now an "edit icon" that when tapped brings up a prompt that reads "Drag and drop apps into or out of the pen window to add or remove them." Unfortunately when I try either nothing happens - I can't drag icons in, and if I drag an icon out it just pops back in place within the selection window. Does anyone have a clue how to make this work?

Default Re: How to add apps to Pen Wndow under kitKat update?

Click the Air-Command button on the S-Pen, go to pen window. Once you've drawn the square, look the pen icon (use air- view if can't find it) to edit the apps.

Posted via Android Central App

It appears you can only edit the order of the listed apps. If you can add or remove apps it's not working for me either.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by conanheath View Post
    It appears you can only edit the order of the listed apps. If you can add or remove apps it's not working for me either.

Yes, that's how it seems. Kinda stupid to word the prompt the way it is if you can't actually add or remove apps.

Quote Originally Posted by TLDspectre View Post
    One thing I noticed that seems to be new after updating to KitKat is the the option to add and remove apps available under Pen Window. I haven't had my Note 3 for long, so if I'm mistaken on the following let me know. Anyway, when creating a Pen Window, I noticed at the top of the app selection list there is now an "edit icon" that when tapped brings up a prompt that reads "Drag and drop apps into or out of the pen window to add or remove them." Unfortunately when I try either nothing happens - I can't drag icons in, and if I drag an icon out it just pops back in place within the selection window. Does anyone have a clue how to make this work?
    Hmm.....

I have the same issue, so I clicked this post thinking it would be the solution but that you had possibly typed a "?" by accident on to the end.

Posing questions as actual questions helps and will go a long way on forums.

On to the next item in Google.
    Photoshop and drums, seven of my favorite things.