How do I get visual voicemail notification to STOP POPPING UP?

CFD323

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Visual Voice Mail notification keeps popping up and I can't figure out how to make it stop!!! I don't want visual voicemail...

I should not have upraded! 4.3 worked perfectly fine for me

PConly11

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: How do I get STUPID visual voicemail notification to STOP POPPING UP!!!!????

I went into the app drawer and opened the verizon folder. Click and hold the Visual Voicemail icon and drag it up to the top of the screen where it says disable app.

That should do it for you.

CFD323

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: How do I get STUPID visual voicemail notification to STOP POPPING UP!!!!????

I don't have a Verizon folder in my app drawer...

fallenangel808

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site

I don't have a Verizon folder in my app drawer...
If you're using Touch Wiz rather than a custom launcher then there should be a folder w/ the Verizon apps all placed together. In touch wiz, if you hold down the voicemail app there should be an option @ the very top-3rd one that says disable apps. Move voicemail to that and then it should stop the annoying messages.

babygirl0419

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

Only thing I did was updated the visual voice mail and the notifications stopped.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

Go to settings>general>application manager> filter:all choose visual voicemail and then disable or turn off.

CFD323

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

Thanks...I don't use Touchwiz so that's why I wasn't seeing the VZW folder.

- - - Updated - - -

Only thing I did was updated the visual voice mail and the notifications stopped.

Are you paying for it?

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

no, its free.....i had the voicemail setup notification constantly looking at me and had to click on it and run through the setup to get it to leave me alone.

babygirl0419

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

Thanks...I don't use Touchwiz so that's why I wasn't seeing the VZW folder.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you paying for it?

No its free for 30 days with all the premium features. Then after that I think the only thing it won't do is convert the message into text for you.

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site

I still use Google Voice, so once I reactivated it... the other stopped!

Rolando Gill

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site

I have gone into the application manager and I can force stop the app but it turns back on. I am not able to turn it off. I have been on hold with Verizon and they told me they were entering a code that would turn it off but that didn't work. I have been communicating on Twitter with @vzwsupport and they were unable to help. This visual voicemail keeps coming back. I don't want it. 2014-06-10 19.50.53.jpg

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

Only way I too got it to stop popping up was to turn on 4g, let the dang thing run through it's setup, and that was that. Couldn't do it over Wi-Fi, just 4g.

from "Ms Note 3"

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

I too was wondering about how to stop this annoying pop-up, as I kept getting that for the first couple days. Then for whatever mysterious reason, the message or pop-up stopped. I'm not even sure what I did or didn't do, but I don't get that annoying message anymore. I'm pretty sure I didn't choose to set it up cuz I kept cancelling out of that.

Visual Voice Mail notification keeps popping up and I can't figure out how to make it stop!!! I don't want visual voicemail...

I should not have upraded! 4.3 worked perfectly fine for me

jdwx

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site

Yeah, once I updated it, seemed to quit bothering me as well.

I'm kinda liking it. For now. lol. I hate having to call my VM for someone that should have left a text or just says "call me", yeah, I see your number, I'd call without the request, lol...

Curious about the differences between premium other than amount of messages stored and length. But, I'll find out shortly. Seems the minimum "visual voice mail" would do is is transcribe the message to text. But.....

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, once I updated it, seemed to quit bothering me as well.

I'm kinda liking it. For now. lol. I hate having to call my VM for someone that should have left a text or just says "call me", yeah, I see your number, I'd call without the request, lol...

Curious about the differences between premium other than amount of messages stored and length. But, I'll find out shortly. Seems the minimum "visual voice mail" would do is is transcribe the message to text. But.....

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...support/voice-mail-comparison/&token=g1q2tssV

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

jdwx

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site

Thanks dpham00! Too funny, the Basic, "Visual" Voice mail doesn't exactly have the Visual part? lol.. Of course.... :-/

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Thanks dpham00! Too funny, the Basic, "Visual" Voice mail doesn't exactly have the Visual part? lol.. Of course.... :-/

Visual voice mail refers to retrieving vm with a visual interface, which it does (in contrast to calling your vm box). Speech to text is not a requirement of vvm.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Carl C2

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site

OK FOLKS THIS IS HOW YOU DEFEAT VERIZON'S NASTY LITTLE MARKETNG PLOY:
1) Remove the icon from your homescreen (press & hold the icon, drag it to the "remove")
2) Open your Contacts list & find "Voicemail". Open that contact like you were editing it.
3) Press the little "4 dots" to get to Settings, select "move to homescreen".
4) This new icon will open like any other Contact you add to your homescreen. Press it, the press the *86.
5) No more Visual subscription pop-up.

SOD8MNSTREET6RR

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site

I went into the app drawer and opened the verizon folder. Click and hold the Visual Voicemail icon and drag it up to the top of the screen where it says disable app.

That should do it for you.
.....Finally. That was driving me nuts

Last edited:

dgauvreau

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site

Go to settings>general>application manager> filter:all choose visual voicemail and then disable or turn off.

So, the interesting thing is that I had turned off the "Voice Mail" app prior to this latest update, and after the update there doesn't seem to be a way to re-enable the app. In the application manager, it looks like it's turned off but the "turn on" button is disabled. (Not that I want to enable it, but it seems like a bug)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton