Foxfi working on Kit Kat?

jim2112

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
The dev said it would, anyone tried it yet?

Update - I just tried it and Foxfi works fine if you go to the settings and switch on the mobile hotspot as it asks you to do. I did not do it right the first time and had a problem. I am using it now and it is working fine.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
The dev said it would, anyone tried it yet?

Update - I just tried it and Foxfi works fine if you go to the settings and switch on the mobile hotspot as it asks you to do. I did not do it right the first time and had a problem. I am using it now and it is working fine.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

yes working for me also.....i was weirded out at first about switching on the mobile hotspot, thinking i'd get the verizon popup about signing up for it, but it just works!!

donc13

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
yes working for me also.....i was weirded out at first about switching on the mobile hotspot, thinking i'd get the verizon popup about signing up for it, but it just works!!

Are you on a tiered data plan? If so, hotspot usage is free. If on a grandfathered unlimited plan...then you need to subscribe to it for $30/month

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk

donc13

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
On unlimited and use foxfi to not have to pay for my data twice. Foxfi works fine for my unlimited data note 3.

I agree and do likewise (also on unlimited)....but for now I am staying on 4.3 because I don't wanna rebuild all my apps and data...I'm rooted and happy with 4.3 for now.

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk

slowmo1817

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I am on the unlimited plan, and did the Kit Kat update, and it is telling me to call them to subscribe for the hotspot service. Any ideas on what to do to get it to work?

jim2112

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
open foxfi app
check the activate wifi hotspot box
select go to settings and press turn on mobile hotspot button
back out by pressing the home page button
Foxfi should be running in the background
It does seem to take a minute or so for my wifi to connect, but it works fine after it connects and shows a connection without the ! showing internet connection.

I am a stock phone with a paid version of PDA Net / Foxfi.

Last edited:

hubbard 0

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I too had it working my kit kat updated phone. Got rid of FoxFi though. I absolutely, with all the passion in the world, hate having a password/pin/swipe lock on my phone.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I too had it working my kit kat updated phone. Got rid of FoxFi though. I absolutely, with all the passion in the world, hate having a password/pin/swipe lock on my phone.

grrrrr, so annoyed......i had the foxfi working with just swipe unlock, which is bypassed by my sview cover....i unwisely decided to test having none selected on the unlock and now its prompting me to download credentials even when i changed back to the swipe unlock....so i'm stuck setting a bloody pin which is not bypassed with the cover.....so annoyed that i rocked my boat and ended up tipping over....sigh

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63