Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Foxfi working on Kit Kat?

The dev said it would, anyone tried it yet?

Update - I just tried it and Foxfi works fine if you go to the settings and switch on the mobile hotspot as it asks you to do. I did not do it right the first time and had a problem. I am using it now and it is working fine.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jim2112; 05-14-2014 at 03:19 PM.

Default Re: Foxfi working on Kit Kat?

Quote Originally Posted by jim2112 View Post
    The dev said it would, anyone tried it yet?

Update - I just tried it and Foxfi works fine if you go to the settings and switch on the mobile hotspot as it asks you to do. I did not do it right the first time and had a problem. I am using it now and it is working fine.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    yes working for me also.....i was weirded out at first about switching on the mobile hotspot, thinking i'd get the verizon popup about signing up for it, but it just works!!

Quote Originally Posted by karsdroid View Post
    yes working for me also.....i was weirded out at first about switching on the mobile hotspot, thinking i'd get the verizon popup about signing up for it, but it just works!!
    Are you on a tiered data plan? If so, hotspot usage is free. If on a grandfathered unlimited plan...then you need to subscribe to it for $30/month

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

On unlimited and use foxfi to not have to pay for my data twice. Foxfi works fine for my unlimited data note 3.

Quote Originally Posted by jim2112 View Post
    On unlimited and use foxfi to not have to pay for my data twice. Foxfi works fine for my unlimited data note 3.
    I agree and do likewise (also on unlimited)....but for now I am staying on 4.3 because I don't wanna rebuild all my apps and data...I'm rooted and happy with 4.3 for now.

Quote Originally Posted by donc13 View Post
    Are you on a tiered data plan? If so, hotspot usage is free. If on a grandfathered unlimited plan...then you need to subscribe to it for $30/month

im grandfathered unlimited, thus the use of foxfi....

I am on the unlimited plan, and did the Kit Kat update, and it is telling me to call them to subscribe for the hotspot service. Any ideas on what to do to get it to work?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

open foxfi app
    check the activate wifi hotspot box
    select go to settings and press turn on mobile hotspot button
    back out by pressing the home page button
    Foxfi should be running in the background
    It does seem to take a minute or so for my wifi to connect, but it works fine after it connects and shows a connection without the ! showing internet connection.

I am a stock phone with a paid version of PDA Net / Foxfi.
    Last edited by jim2112; 05-22-2014 at 07:46 AM.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

I too had it working my kit kat updated phone. Got rid of FoxFi though. I absolutely, with all the passion in the world, hate having a password/pin/swipe lock on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by hubbard 0 View Post
    I too had it working my kit kat updated phone. Got rid of FoxFi though. I absolutely, with all the passion in the world, hate having a password/pin/swipe lock on my phone.
    grrrrr, so annoyed......i had the foxfi working with just swipe unlock, which is bypassed by my sview cover....i unwisely decided to test having none selected on the unlock and now its prompting me to download credentials even when i changed back to the swipe unlock....so i'm stuck setting a bloody pin which is not bypassed with the cover.....so annoyed that i rocked my boat and ended up tipping over....sigh