4G still being used on wifi?

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Since my update to KK I noticed that the 3G/4G signal grays out while wifi is on but while I was on Jellybean the indicator would completely go away. Does this mean my data is still being used? I ran across this on JB after I had signed up for the Verizon caller ID thing I disabled that as soon as I updated to KK. I looked around in the icon glossary and did a small search but didnt have any luck.

mk_dan

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Noticed the same thing after my update. Unless you see the download/upload arrows lit up, you should be on wifi. Now why can't we use wifi for MMS is my question?

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Noticed the same thing after my update. Unless you see the download/upload arrows lit up, you should be on wifi. Now why can't we use wifi for MMS is my question?

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

MMS still has to go through a carrier network as it's still a text message of sorts so it needs that carrier network

steveL332

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I noticed the grayed out 3g/4g indicator while wi-fi is turned on. It doesn't stay grayed out when you turn off wi-fi. On my phone the lettering becomes bold face when I turn off wi-fi.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12