Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Text not going out after kitkat?

Seems kitkat has messed up text going out and coming in. Anyone else have this issue?

Default Re: Text not going out after kitkat?

Hummm, this is a new one. Have you reset or done a battery pull since the KitKat update?

Quote Originally Posted by jgraves1107 View Post
    Seems kitkat has messed up text going out and coming in. Anyone else have this issue?
    You have to set your default sms message, with kitkat you have to choose which sms app will be your default. Go to settings, general tab, then default applications, message, you can choose hangouts, samsung messages. I use handcent for now so I chose handcent, then you will be able to send out your text.

Default I had the same problem with Handcent SMS

iceman64 is right. I used the stock app and it works fine. I uninstalled reinstalled and I don't believe that helped. It was only after I assigned Handcent SMS as my default app did it start working.

Global Posts
    746 Global Posts

I've had no issues. Text working fine here

sent from my Note 3
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Ok it was just me and my stupidity. It appeared no one was receiving, but they must have hung in the system. Figures it would be retarded. At least when Verizon has an issue it's once in a blue moon.

Default My stock SMS app worked fine.

I use a third party app for SMS called "Handcent SMS" It gives me lots of other options. After the update it had problems until I made it the default SMS app. Before doing this I used the stock SMS app called "Messages" and it worked fine. Anyone who uses the stock app and does the update should be fine.

Ok it was just me and my stupidity. It appeared no one was receiving, but they must have hung in the system. Figures it would be retarded. At least when Verizon has an issue it's once in a blue moon.
    It wasn't jus you....I'm having the same problem....in fact that's the only thing that's stopping this update from being perfect for me. I was using handcent and it started freezing...I figured mayb it was the app so I uninstalled it. Then I used stock and it started to freeze too with the message "unfortunately messages has stopped working". So I used hangout (which I absolutely hate). So far I've sent 2 messages without freezing. I don't think I want to use hangouts forever lol. I've already done a fdr...a hard reset...and clearing cache. All suggestions are greatly welcomed.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by babygirl0419 View Post
    It wasn't jus you....I'm having the same problem....in fact that's the only thing that's stopping this update from being perfect for me. I was using handcent and it started freezing...I figured mayb it was the app so I uninstalled it. Then I used stock and it started to freeze too with the message "unfortunately messages has stopped working". So I used hangout (which I absolutely hate). So far I've sent 2 messages without freezing. I don't think I want to use hangouts forever lol. I've already done a fdr...a hard reset...and clearing cache. All suggestions are greatly welcomed.

Nevermind....I found the problem. I uninstalled handcent. Everything is working like a champ now! I did try another texting app to see if it really was handcent causing the problem and that app worked jus fine.