Upgrade to Kit Kat or not?

mzdrati

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I know upgrading will mostly depend on how I use my Note 3.

My Note 3 is stock- not rooted (and I do not intend to root). I am not sure what the to believe about the SD card issues introduced by KK. I am on unlimited data, so I stream music from Google Music, but I store my photos & videos taken with the phone on my SD card, which I would like to continue to do. Jelly Bean 4.3 broke bluetooth compatibility with my hands free kit in my car, so I'm used to not being able to use that (it sucks to have to use a bluetooth headset when I drive). I do not know if Kit Kat has new / different bluetooth code that may restore compatibility but if it did, that would be reason enough to upgrade, for me. I use FoxFi, but I understand that it will still work after the upgrade, which is important to me. My battery life as it stands now in 4.3 is very good, as is the overall speed of the device. I drop calls once in awhile on this phone- so if the new KK code upgraded cellular signal strength somehow- that would also be a good reason to upgrade.

I've been holding out until I saw some posts that helped me make up my mind- but I have not seen any. Should I upgrade to Kit Kat- or will I regret it?

jenpossy

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
i have the note 3 too. i up graded and everything works the same no problems here. my sd works great you should have no problems.

zeuswsu

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
You can still store videos and pictures on your SD card with Kit Kat. The SD card issue stuff is overblown for most users. Seems like kit Kat might fix some of your issues too

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I know upgrading will mostly depend on how I use my Note 3.

My Note 3 is stock- not rooted (and I do not intend to root). I am not sure what the to believe about the SD card issues introduced by KK. I am on unlimited data, so I stream music from Google Music, but I store my photos & videos taken with the phone on my SD card, which I would like to continue to do. Jelly Bean 4.3 broke bluetooth compatibility with my hands free kit in my car, so I'm used to not being able to use that (it sucks to have to use a bluetooth headset when I drive). I do not know if Kit Kat has new / different bluetooth code that may restore compatibility but if it did, that would be reason enough to upgrade, for me. I use FoxFi, but I understand that it will still work after the upgrade, which is important to me. My battery life as it stands now in 4.3 is very good, as is the overall speed of the device. I drop calls once in awhile on this phone- so if the new KK code upgraded cellular signal strength somehow- that would also be a good reason to upgrade.

I've been holding out until I saw some posts that helped me make up my mind- but I have not seen any. Should I upgrade to Kit Kat- or will I regret it?

Other than the battery symbol being white I've seen nothing else different. My sd card seems fine, battery is fantastic. I'm sure there must be some changes somewhere but I don't see it. All works fine

sent from my Note 3

shastrich2005

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I was worried about the sd card issue as well. I was able to save all of my pics, videos and music to my sd card with no problem. So far no issues, knock on wood.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

mzdrati

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I went ahead and upgraded last night. I found it to be slightly better, but more or less the same.

In case anyone reading this has the same bluetooth issues as I do- there was no change in my problems connecting to my hands free bluetooth in my car. It still connects, then moments later disconnects (and goes on that way indefinitely). Oh well.

Thanks for your replies!

anon154738

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
You can still store videos and pictures on your SD card with Kit Kat. The SD card issue stuff is overblown for most users. Seems like kit Kat might fix some of your issues too

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Overblown indeed. For most users this is no big deal! Is not broken. KitKat and SD cards ? what's fixed, what's broken and what's misunderstood http://www.androidcentral.com/kitkat-sdcard-changes

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek