Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

Default Upgrade to Kit Kat or not?

I know upgrading will mostly depend on how I use my Note 3.

My Note 3 is stock- not rooted (and I do not intend to root). I am not sure what the to believe about the SD card issues introduced by KK. I am on unlimited data, so I stream music from Google Music, but I store my photos & videos taken with the phone on my SD card, which I would like to continue to do. Jelly Bean 4.3 broke bluetooth compatibility with my hands free kit in my car, so I'm used to not being able to use that (it sucks to have to use a bluetooth headset when I drive). I do not know if Kit Kat has new / different bluetooth code that may restore compatibility but if it did, that would be reason enough to upgrade, for me. I use FoxFi, but I understand that it will still work after the upgrade, which is important to me. My battery life as it stands now in 4.3 is very good, as is the overall speed of the device. I drop calls once in awhile on this phone- so if the new KK code upgraded cellular signal strength somehow- that would also be a good reason to upgrade.

I've been holding out until I saw some posts that helped me make up my mind- but I have not seen any. Should I upgrade to Kit Kat- or will I regret it?

Default Re: Upgrade to Kit Kat or not?

i have the note 3 too. i up graded and everything works the same no problems here. my sd works great you should have no problems.

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

You can still store videos and pictures on your SD card with Kit Kat. The SD card issue stuff is overblown for most users. Seems like kit Kat might fix some of your issues too

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    718 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mzdrati View Post
    I know upgrading will mostly depend on how I use my Note 3.

My Note 3 is stock- not rooted (and I do not intend to root). I am not sure what the to believe about the SD card issues introduced by KK. I am on unlimited data, so I stream music from Google Music, but I store my photos & videos taken with the phone on my SD card, which I would like to continue to do. Jelly Bean 4.3 broke bluetooth compatibility with my hands free kit in my car, so I'm used to not being able to use that (it sucks to have to use a bluetooth headset when I drive). I do not know if Kit Kat has new / different bluetooth code that may restore compatibility but if it did, that would be reason enough to upgrade, for me. I use FoxFi, but I understand that it will still work after the upgrade, which is important to me. My battery life as it stands now in 4.3 is very good, as is the overall speed of the device. I drop calls once in awhile on this phone- so if the new KK code upgraded cellular signal strength somehow- that would also be a good reason to upgrade.

I've been holding out until I saw some posts that helped me make up my mind- but I have not seen any. Should I upgrade to Kit Kat- or will I regret it?
    Other than the battery symbol being white I've seen nothing else different. My sd card seems fine, battery is fantastic. I'm sure there must be some changes somewhere but I don't see it. All works fine

sent from my Note 3

I was worried about the sd card issue as well. I was able to save all of my pics, videos and music to my sd card with no problem. So far no issues, knock on wood.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

I went ahead and upgraded last night. I found it to be slightly better, but more or less the same.

In case anyone reading this has the same bluetooth issues as I do- there was no change in my problems connecting to my hands free bluetooth in my car. It still connects, then moments later disconnects (and goes on that way indefinitely). Oh well.

Thanks for your replies!

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP/ Franco Kernal

Quote Originally Posted by zeuswsu View Post
    You can still store videos and pictures on your SD card with Kit Kat. The SD card issue stuff is overblown for most users. Seems like kit Kat might fix some of your issues too

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Overblown indeed. For most users this is no big deal! Is not broken. KitKat and SD cards what's fixed, what's broken and what's misunderstood http://www.androidcentral.com/kitkat-sdcard-changes

Posted via Android Central App