Reset your note 3 after kitkat.

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
All of the bugs in 4.3 are fixed.... if the only drawback is some 3rd party apps can't access the sd card I can live with that... probably safer that way anyway maybe that will keep my sd card from randomly corrupting

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

nicholasyoung

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
how do u know this where it that imformation posted im still haveing issue wiyh mines...message lag...over all slow performance and battery drain

Posted via Android Central App

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
The update caused me to lose my pics except for 7 of them. I am very mad over this. Didn't harm my music

Posted from my awesome Note3

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I finally updated to KitKat last night (couldn't take the "pop up" anymore). It's NOT as disappointing as I thought it might be....I like it (smile). So far so GOOD, I've had none of the problems that I have read about (knocking on wood). I like the white battery icon in the notification bar and the other little enhancements that KitKat brings. It's to early to comment on the battery, but I will be keeping a close eye on my Note3 in the comig days as with any OS update.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I agree and so far on my phone, I see no reason for a reset! It's running fine.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size does matter!"

uberterrific

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
After I did a factory-reset, the 4.4.2 update worked flawlessly! My Note 3 is MUCH faster! No problems at all. Battery life is the same as before which is good!

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Factory reset your phone after the update and all the issue go away. Mine has been awesome since I did that. Sometimes it needs that alone to fix the little things that some apps mess up. Battery is good now.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
how do u know this where it that imformation posted im still haveing issue wiyh mines...message lag...over all slow performance and battery drain

Your gonna have to factory reset. My husband had same issues as you're describing on his Note after updating over 4g. Factory reset took care of those issues and he is no longer a "Beast" to live with.
Factory reset is actually not as loathsome as it used to be. Wallpaper is saved and all of his apps reinstalled automatically. Only thing to make sure you move pictures and other files you saved on internal storage to external storage if you don't want to lose them. Good luck.
from "Ms Note 3" on Tapatalk

kami8586

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I finally updated to KitKat last night (couldn't take the "pop up" anymore). It's NOT as disappointing as I thought it might be....I like it (smile). So far so GOOD, I've had none of the problems that I have read about (knocking on wood). I like the white battery icon in the notification bar and the other little enhancements that KitKat brings. It's to early to comment on the battery, but I will be keeping a close eye on my Note3 in the comig days as with any OS update.

Reset your phone bud..I had an issue with battery life and now it's way better. Just be sure to back up your photos. I lost mine!

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Reset your phone bud..I had an issue with battery life and now it's way better. Just be sure to back up your photos. I lost mine!

YES indeed....I also do approx 3-4 battery pulls immediatly after installing a new OS (Blackberry has me spoiled that way). Thanks for the info.:D

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
spencerdl,
I noticed earlier in this thread that you took the download and seemed pleased with it.
Now it looks like you did the reset. What did it change?? I'm curious!
Now there are 2 resets, I assume you do not want to wipe everything.
Which did you use?

"Size does matter!"

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
spencerdl,
I noticed earlier in this thread that you took the download and seemed pleased with it.
Now it looks like you did the reset. What did it change?? I'm curious!
Now there are 2 resets, I assume you do not want to wipe everything.
Which did you use?

"Size does matter!"

Yes I downloaded KitKat and I am pleased with the update. I did several resets and battery pulls just for precautionary measures. It's some thing that I've just done since my Legacy Blackberry days. My Note3 is running GREAT before and since the KitKat updated.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes I downloaded KitKat and I am pleased with the update. I did several resets and battery pulls just for precautionary measures. It's some thing that I've just done since my Legacy Blackberry days. My Note3 is running GREAT before and since the KitKat updated.

I guess what I am asking is,
After the download you used your phone and all was good
Then you did the reset. ....
Do you notice any difference really?
Thanks!

"Size does matter!"

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I guess what I am asking is,
After the download you used your phone and all was good
Then you did the reset. ....
Do you notice any difference really?
Thanks!

"Size does matter!"

Yes after the KitKat download my Note3 it worked GREAT. I just did the resets and battery pulls for good measures (I'm just accustom to doing that) ....SMILE

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
For what it's worth. ....
I called Samsung and Verizon today, told them I had taken the download and that my phone seamed a little faster, my battery life IS better and I didn't really see any problems. Both Samsung and Verizon reps told me not to do a factory reset unless I saw obvious problems.
So I think I'm going to go with that at this time and just keep a close eye on things! 😼😸

"Size does matter!"

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
For what it's worth. ....
I called Samsung and Verizon today, told them I had taken the download and that my phone seamed a little faster, my battery life IS better and I didn't really see any problems. Both Samsung and Verizon reps told me not to do a factory reset unless I saw obvious problems.
So I think I'm going to go with that at this time and just keep a close eye on things! ����

"Size does matter!"

Agreed. I didnt do a "factory reset" just the restart button a couple of times. I apologize for using the wrong wording. I meant RESTART not RESET

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy