Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Note3 and xlte

    I just saw that VZW is pushing out xlte. Will the note 3 support it? From what I have read its band 4 and I thought note 3 had band 4. And all I have read is that the HTC one and s5 are the only phones that supports it.

    Now that kit Kat is out and radio has improved I changed my mind to get the note3.

    Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX (tapatalk)
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom
  2. #2  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    7,032 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,076 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Note3 and xlte

    I think I'm probably still missing some from the list of supported devices, but so far we're at S4, S5, M8, Note 3, Droid Mini, Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx, Moto X.

    Here are the Note 3's Supported Networks:

    Network


    • LTE, CDMA/1xEVDO Rev. A (800/1900 MHz)
    • LTE B13/4 700/1700
    • Global Network: EDGE/GSM (850/900/1800/1900), HSPA/UMTS(850/900/1900/2100)
    Thanked by 2:
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Note3 and xlte

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Spock View Post
    I think I'm probably still missing some from the list of supported devices, but so far we're at S4, S5, M8, Note 3, Droid Mini, Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx, Moto X.

    Here are the Note 3's Supported Networks:

    Network


    • LTE, CDMA/1xEVDO Rev. A (800/1900 MHz)
    • LTE B13/4 700/1700
    • Global Network: EDGE/GSM (850/900/1800/1900), HSPA/UMTS(850/900/1900/2100)
    Correct, note 3 supports xlte. I have been using xlte since last year. And it is a huge difference in high load areas. Just Friday, at my desk at work, xlte got 35-65mbps. B13 was 2-8mbps.

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Note3 and xlte

    How do we know if we're in an xlte area?

    from "Ms Note 3" on Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Note3 and xlte

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Correct, note 3 supports xlte. I have been using xlte since last year. And it is a huge difference in high load areas. Just Friday, at my desk at work, xlte got 35-65mbps. B13 was 2-8mbps.

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    That's good to hear. I go to Vegas a good amount and I hope this helps. I barely get 4G and of I do, its very slow. I think its just high loads.

    Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX (tapatalk)
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Note3 and xlte

    Quote Originally Posted by yarnsrj View Post
    How do we know if we're in an xlte area?

    from "Ms Note 3" on Tapatalk
    You can tell my speed. Xlte can reach 80-100 mbps or perhaps higher . Any speed over 75 mbps down or 20mbps up would be xlte. There is a way to tell the band but requires root

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  7. #7  
    Lefty Drummer's Avatar

    Posts
    318 Posts
    ROM
    .246 ICS

    Default Re: Note3 and xlte

    Dpham00, I'm rooted so how do I tell which band? I'm already pretty sure we've got xlte turned on here just south of Baltimore(speed waaay higher than I've ever received on speed test), but curious.

    Sent from my Awesome Note 3 via the Android Central Forums App
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Note3 and xlte

    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty Drummer View Post
    Dpham00, I'm rooted so how do I tell which band? I'm already pretty sure we've got xlte turned on here just south of Baltimore(speed waaay higher than I've ever received on speed test), but curious.

    Sent from my Awesome Note 3 via the Android Central Forums App
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=3248448

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Thanked by:
  9. #9  
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Note3 and xlte

    Fyi, that is a partial list. The ultra isn't listed but it most definitely supports xlte.

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Note3 and xlte

    Nice to see that older phone supports it.

    Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX (tapatalk)
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom

Similar Threads

  1. Forgot Pin on Galaxy S5 and locked out?
    By brandonzak in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-14-2014, 03:03 PM
  2. Battery charges slow and discharges fast
    By dbarnes2270 in forum Sprint Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-21-2014, 09:18 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-18-2014, 10:08 PM
  4. Turn off vibrate when turning phone on and off?
    By pindorica in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-18-2014, 06:40 AM
  5. Access and rescue data on a dead screen unit?
    By IllusionSector in forum AT&T Galaxy S3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-17-2014, 10:21 AM

Posting Permissions