Possible to Cut a Droid Bionic Sim Card for use in a Note 3?

ckranger11

May 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm grateful that my employer pays for an unlimited data plan for me, but unfortunately it's tied to a Droid Bionic from the fall of 2011. The Bionic has been slowing down horribly and I really want to upgrade to the Galaxy Note 3. Unfortunately, I'm not listed as an account manager and I can't seem to get my company's attention long enough to facilitate a 2-year upgrade. I went to several Verizon Wireless stores and was given the same story - without my company's permission, not only can I not process my upgrade, but even if I paid full retail price ($700) for a Note 3, they couldn't activate it on my company's plan.

I'm left seeking alternatives. The Droid Bionic uses a mini-sim card. If I cut down the sim card from mini to micro, would it work in a Note 3 purchased from a Verizon store? I'd want to be sure it will work before I needlessly cut down the sim card of my company-owned phone and create an even bigger quagmire.

Can anyone suggest any other options? Thanks for taking the time to read this and I appreciate any help you can provide.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes you can cut down the sim

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I was under the impression that only a full size sim could be cut down to a mini but the smaller ones couldn't be cut down. After some research I learned I was completely wrong.

ckranger11

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Great! Thanks for responding.

Would the newly cut Sim card work immediately upon being inserted into the note 3 without any updates to the account? (Since my company doesn't want to deal with granting me permission to the account)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Great! Thanks for responding.

Would the newly cut Sim card work immediately upon being inserted into the note 3 without any updates to the account? (Since my company doesn't want to deal with granting me permission to the account)

Yes it would work immediately. No need to do anything account side. Keep in mind though that it will show up on the profile so your company will know that updated the device

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I was under the impression that only a full size sim could be cut down to a mini but the smaller ones couldn't be cut down. After some research I learned I was completely wrong.

A mini sim is a full sized sim.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2