Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Will Google Wallet Tap and Pay ever function on the Verizon Note 3?

Since we did not gain tap and pay for Google Wallet with Kit Kat, in another 2 years when we get 4.4.3 update it may work. I'm not holding my breath. Apparently the chip installed in the Verizon Note 3 is not the standard HCE chip in most other phones, it is a NXP chip.

Another site discussing the problem had one comment in the comments section stating "NXP has just added HCE support to their standard NFC driver. My bet is that this appears in Android 4.4.3."

Google Wallet Tap And Pay Functionality Will Not Be Supported On Devices Running Android 4.3 Or Older After April 14th

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

We have been given Isis in the kitkat update. That is the supported Verizon version of something similar to Google wallet.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    370 Global Posts

Default Re: Will Google Wallet Tap and Pay ever function on the Verizon Note 3?

Quote Originally Posted by kuajtt View Post
    We have been given Isis in the kitkat update. That is the supported Verizon version of something similar to Google wallet.

Posted via Android Central App
    Similar yes but not as good as Google wallet works. We may see support for it in 4.4.3 but only if Samsung decides to include the driver, even if they do it'll take Verizon another year to release the update
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default I refuse to use ISIS, so my question stands, will future updates resolve the Google wallet issue

I refuse to use a product that is forced down our throats by a few companies trying to form a monopoly on the technology. ATT, Verizon, Tmobile all went together and own ISIS. They make money every time ISIS is used, like any other credit card. Google Wallet tap and pay does not work on the Note 3 on any of the 3 networks that own ISIS, but works great on Sprint, the only one that did not go in on ISIS.

It is not a must have feature of the phone, but would be nice to function since it is suppose to be the latest and greatest phone when released. Since it seems to be a possibility that a software release will allow it to work as it was designed with the tap and pay, my question was will a software update solve the problem or is the NTX chip it was sold with now obsolete for this function.

Global Posts
    370 Global Posts

Default Re: I refuse to use ISIS, so my question stands, will future updates resolve the Google wallet issue

Quote Originally Posted by jim2112 View Post
    I refuse to use a product that is forced down our throats by a few companies trying to form a monopoly on the technology. ATT, Verizon, Tmobile all went together and own ISIS. They make money every time ISIS is used, like any other credit card. Google Wallet tap and pay does not work on the Note 3 on any of the 3 networks that own ISIS, but works great on Sprint, the only one that did not go in on ISIS.

It is not a must have feature of the phone, but would be nice to function since it is suppose to be the latest and greatest phone when released. Since it seems to be a possibility that a software release will allow it to work as it was designed with the tap and pay, my question was will a software update solve the problem or is the NTX chip it was sold with now obsolete for this function.
    No this chip isn't obsolete. The company released new drivers that support HCE which is what is needed for Google wallet to work. The new drivers didn't get released until after the 4.4.2 update was released so hopefully with the 4.4.3 update the new driver is included

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Default Re: Will Google Wallet Tap and Pay ever function on the Verizon Note 3?

Great News, thanks for the reply. I was hoping it was something that could be remedied. At least I know it will not be a permanent problem.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default Re: I refuse to use ISIS, so my question stands, will future updates resolve the Google wallet issue

I have a Sprint Note 3 and Google wallet tap and pay does not work on Sprint either.