Pandora Stops when Screen Locks / Goes Off

AppleHatr

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I could really use some help here. When I am listening to Pandora and I lock my screen / sleep my screen Pandora will stop playing once it finishes it's current song. I also have a few other apps (Cisco Jabber) that cease functioning as well when the screen is off. I've tried uninstalling/re-installing, clearing the cache on the apps, clearing the phones cache, removing all my task killer apps, making sure all power saving options are off and I am still having this problem. I've also tried it over wifi and also have my data network. Still no luck. I also contacted Samsung Tech Support and they couldn't figure it out either, they used the excuse that since Pandora is a 3rd Party App I'm SOL. Can anyone help?

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Any other battery-saving program?? These types of programs will disable wifi when the phone is idle to save battery. Juice defender has a setting to permit programs like Pandora to continue, even when the phone is idle.

AppleHatr

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Any other battery-saving program?? These types of programs will disable wifi when the phone is idle to save battery. Juice defender has a setting to permit programs like Pandora to continue, even when the phone is idle.
I did have Task App Killer installed but I uninstalled that, then went through all the steps to uninstall Pandora, clear the cache, etc, and it was still doing it.

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. Just tested this Pandora therory and it's working properly on my Verizon Note3 with KitKat installed. Not quite sure why your having this problem. Since you've tried everything except a total reset of the device, dare I say it......

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Go to Pandora's setting and there should be an auto-lock feature that you can toggle. It's to conserve battery so that might be why its stops playing songs

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX (tapatalk)

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Go to Pandora's setting and there should be an auto-lock feature that you can toggle. It's to conserve battery so that might be why its stops playing songs

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX (tapatalk)

Absolutely correct

Sent from MY BLACK G'NOTE3

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1400707461028.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1400707461028.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 19

AppleHatr

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Figured out the issue. My wife had downloaded a Battery Defender app and had it tucked away in a folder that I didn't know about. Once I removed that app everything is working as it should be. Thanks for everyone's help, that helped me narrow down the issues and saved me from doing a factory reset [sigh of relief].

Kenneth Davidson

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Glad to know this solution. After a Pandora update my phone would stop playing at the end of a song when the screen locked. When I checked the settings on Pandora the Box was checked so now it is unchecked and everything is back to normal, if there is a "normal" for anything. It is software.

Thanx for the help.

Jose Manuel Herrera

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I was having the same problem with my Nexus 6. It seems that the battery saver does restricts data such that when the phone is locked, Pandora cannot access internet for the next song. Any ideas how I can bypass this? I'd really like to at work listen to music as well as save battery.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Ricardo De Ponte

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
I have read through all these and it doesn't help me nothing...My problem is when i'm busy streaming a video or watching youtube vids..my auto lock comes on..and it's not suppose to cause my phone is being active..

Any help will do..using galaxy note 3

livetruetoyou

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Check out #8 if you haven't found a solution. FINALLY fixed this problem on my galaxy s7. Good luck!!!
https://www.androidpit.com/android-m-tips-and-tricks

I was having the same problem with my Nexus 6. It seems that the battery saver does restricts data such that when the phone is locked, Pandora cannot access internet for the next song. Any ideas how I can bypass this? I'd really like to at work listen to music as well as save battery.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Bushido123

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
I fixed it like this: Settings -> WLAN -> Additional settings (i went to this from three dots on the upper right corner in tablet. Phone users might have to click additional button on the phone or on the lower part of the screen.) -> Keep Wi-fi (or WLAN or whichever connection name appears instead of it) on during Sleep -> Always.

After I made this change, the music did not stop anymore when Android went to sleep mode.