Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AppleHatr
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Pandora Stops when Screen Locks / Goes Off

I could really use some help here. When I am listening to Pandora and I lock my screen / sleep my screen Pandora will stop playing once it finishes it's current song. I also have a few other apps (Cisco Jabber) that cease functioning as well when the screen is off. I've tried uninstalling/re-installing, clearing the cache on the apps, clearing the phones cache, removing all my task killer apps, making sure all power saving options are off and I am still having this problem. I've also tried it over wifi and also have my data network. Still no luck. I also contacted Samsung Tech Support and they couldn't figure it out either, they used the excuse that since Pandora is a 3rd Party App I'm SOL. Can anyone help?

Default Re: Pandora Stops when Screen Locks / Goes Off

Are you running Juice Defender?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by bertsirkin View Post
    Are you running Juice Defender?
    Nope.

Any other battery-saving program?? These types of programs will disable wifi when the phone is idle to save battery. Juice defender has a setting to permit programs like Pandora to continue, even when the phone is idle.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by bertsirkin View Post
    Any other battery-saving program?? These types of programs will disable wifi when the phone is idle to save battery. Juice defender has a setting to permit programs like Pandora to continue, even when the phone is idle.
    I did have Task App Killer installed but I uninstalled that, then went through all the steps to uninstall Pandora, clear the cache, etc, and it was still doing it.

Welcome to Android Central. Just tested this Pandora therory and it's working properly on my Verizon Note3 with KitKat installed. Not quite sure why your having this problem. Since you've tried everything except a total reset of the device, dare I say it......
    Thanked by:

Go to Pandora's setting and there should be an auto-lock feature that you can toggle. It's to conserve battery so that might be why its stops playing songs

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX (tapatalk)
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by RHChan84 View Post
    Go to Pandora's setting and there should be an auto-lock feature that you can toggle. It's to conserve battery so that might be why its stops playing songs

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX (tapatalk)
    Absolutely correct

Sent from MY BLACK G'NOTE3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pandora Stops when Screen Locks / Goes Off-uploadfromtaptalk1400707461028.jpg  
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Figured out the issue. My wife had downloaded a Battery Defender app and had it tucked away in a folder that I didn't know about. Once I removed that app everything is working as it should be. Thanks for everyone's help, that helped me narrow down the issues and saved me from doing a factory reset [sigh of relief].
    Spencerdl likes this.