MyBackup Files not restoring correctly after 4.4.2 update. Any way to work around?

MJHirsch

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Long Story Short :
My OTA update failed so I ended up using this method to update.
*** How To Update From JB 4.3 To KK 4.4.2 On Verizon RETAIL NOTE 3 *** - xda-developers
I had backed everything up using MyBackup Pro.
Now when I restore items they work until I reboot the phone then they disappear. On top of that, after disappearing, I get an error if I try to install from the PlayStore. Some of the data and settings I have in various apps are not easily recreated such as the Google Authenticator.

I have read that 4.4.2 saves the data into different folders than older versions so I am wondering if I can get tricky and copy the files over manually.
I'd do so, but am not sure where the new location of the stored files is.

Is this possible? Is there an easier way than manually moving files? Or is this a lost cause?

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
My first OTA update to KitKat failed also, I believe I had a weak WiFi connection.
So I tried later at a better location and all is good!
I've been looking over the files and thinking about your situation and man, I don't have a clue on how to help you. Sorry! 😨

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size does matter!"

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I think I would do a factory reset and that way when you activate the phone it should have the new version on it without you having to upgrade it.

Notes from Deb's Note 3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2