Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Did Big Red stop pushing the KitKat OTA?

Just curious, how many haven't been forced to install yet? I ask cuz it's been available in system update since Day 1 for me but it's never prompted for it yet. I'm not complaining cuz I'll gladly root when it does. I have no desire to lose smooth as silk 4.3 to deal with any of the potential quirks of an OS update.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    9,584 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

Default Re: Did Big Red stop pushing the KitKat OTA?

They pulled the Kit Kat OTA, but you can still do it manually via Kies.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2

Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    Just curious, how many haven't been forced to install yet? I ask cuz it's been available in system update since Day 1 for me but it's never prompted for it yet. I'm not complaining cuz I'll gladly root when it does. I have no desire to lose smooth as silk 4.3 to deal with any of the potential quirks of an OS update.

Mine downloaded itself the other day (didn't ask me first). It keeps prompting me to install but I've been "postponing" (it makes you pick a download time). I've noticed the notifications are getting more frequent so I wouldn't be suprised if I wake up one morning with kit kat, ha.

Oddly my husband didn't get it downloaded to his note 3. He did, after a few days, check for it and it was available so he downloaded it and installed it.

I'm not that bothered about kitkat but I would have liked a choice between updating or not. I've been quite happy on JB since I got the note 3 when it came out in Sept. My husband says his phone hasn't changed (battery, sd card etc) since he did the download so he's doesn't care about not having JB anymore.

As I type I just got the notification again - it's a persistent little bugger!

Hope it doesn't start to bother you too.

Sarks.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    977 Global Posts

I got it pushed to the phone and seems to be working fine.

Why would Verizon pull OTA KitKat already?
    It's only been out a week!
    I took my download last Saturday evening and everything seems to be working fine. I do notice some minor changes and I think (although it might be my imagination) my battery life is slightly better!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size does matter!"

Global Posts
    9,584 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopiejoe View Post
    Why would Verizon pull OTA KitKat already?
    It's only been out a week!
    I took my download last Saturday evening and everything seems to be working fine. I do notice some minor changes and I think (although it might be my imagination) my battery life is slightly better!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size does matter!"
    I was told the update got pulled the day after 😐

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post

I updated my wife's Note 3 ota KitKat this morning. Doesn't seem to be pulled from what I can see.

Global Posts
    9,584 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

Quote Originally Posted by dss2000 View Post
    I updated my wife's Note 3 ota KitKat this morning. Doesn't seem to be pulled from what I can see.

Hmm. Maybe they started pushing it again

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2

Global Posts
    380 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post

It was pulled from wired methods the next day and then it was pushed OTA after that and hasn't been pulled since. Anyways it's too late to pull it if their is an issue they just have to push another bug fixing OTA to fix any issues at this point
    rule the air.

Global Posts
    1,307 Global Posts

just got a friends Note 3 and it was on 4.3, the moment i popped in my sim, 4.4.2 downloaded
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Pull was the wrong word in hindsight. I checked for the OTA, came up as available've in software update over a week ago. It hasn't prompted me to download the update even once since then. It's just been kind of unusual cause it usually pesters and force installs. So it just made me wonder if they had complaints and stopped pushing it by force installing.

Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    Pull was the wrong word in hindsight. I checked for the OTA, came up as available've in software update over a week ago. It hasn't prompted me to download the update even once since then. It's just been kind of unusual cause it usually pesters and force installs. So it just made me wonder if they had complaints and stopped pushing it by force installing.

It bugs me 3-5 times a day to install. I'm still deciding...but like I said it's a persistent wee bugger. You're one of the lucky ones!