Note Randomly Hard Bricked

modernRecluse

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Basically, I can't turn it on, doesn't charge (or at least doesn't appear to charge), and I can't even turn it on into download mode. The phone is essentially nonresponsive.
I had been playing 2048 (the official app that is linked to the website) while it was charging, took it off the charger because I was sitting in a fairly awkward position. Set it down to get a drink and came back and my phone was bricked.
It runs a presumably older version of Jelly Beans (the rom) with MJE. The phone was initially rooted with Kingo, I have SafeStrap, and was flashed with the custom rom either late-December or early-January. I did not do any other flashing after this, and pretty much ran my phone as per usual. This came pretty much out of the blue maybe a day after I arrived in Cali for Fanime.

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Far from an expert here, but could it be the battery has gone bad somehow? Maybe get a replacement (and somehow verify it's got at least 50% charge) and see if you can at least get into download mode? Can't think the phone totally died doing what you were doing. As I said though, I'm no expert just throwing something out there.

Sent from my Awesome Note 3 via the Android Central Forums App

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Or maybe remove both battery and sim card for one minute, reinstall and try again.

Sent from my Awesome Note 3 via the Android Central Forums App

somerussianguy

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to resurrect this old thread to say that I have the same issue. It randomly bricked and is now completely unresponsive. Can't turn it on, can't access recovery or Odin, no battery charge light. But when I do leave it on charger for a while, the area around the camera starts heating up. It was rooted and I was running Pac Rom at the time. The water indicator on my battery does show that some water did get in, however the indicator on the phone it self doesn't show any signs of water access. So I'm guessing that might be my issue, water damage, but since there's no water damage indication on the phone indicator I am hoping that it's just bricked and can be recovered.