- 1 Posts
Note Randomly Hard Bricked
Basically, I can't turn it on, doesn't charge (or at least doesn't appear to charge), and I can't even turn it on into download mode. The phone is essentially nonresponsive.
I had been playing 2048 (the official app that is linked to the website) while it was charging, took it off the charger because I was sitting in a fairly awkward position. Set it down to get a drink and came back and my phone was bricked.
It runs a presumably older version of Jelly Beans (the rom) with MJE. The phone was initially rooted with Kingo, I have SafeStrap, and was flashed with the custom rom either late-December or early-January. I did not do any other flashing after this, and pretty much ran my phone as per usual. This came pretty much out of the blue maybe a day after I arrived in Cali for Fanime.
- 05-29-2014, 07:51 PM #2
- 296 Posts
- .246 ICS
Re: Note Randomly Hard Bricked
Far from an expert here, but could it be the battery has gone bad somehow? Maybe get a replacement (and somehow verify it's got at least 50% charge) and see if you can at least get into download mode? Can't think the phone totally died doing what you were doing. As I said though, I'm no expert just throwing something out there.
Sent from my Awesome Note 3 via the Android Central Forums App
- 05-29-2014, 07:52 PM #3
- By music_man185 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 58Last Post: 08-27-2014, 11:53 AM
- By OUGrad05 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 22Last Post: 06-03-2014, 01:00 PM
- By wikwikwik in forum HTC One (M8) Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 05-31-2014, 04:56 PM
- By Lucius Moseley III in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 4Last Post: 05-26-2014, 10:31 PM
- By Isc73 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 05-25-2014, 08:44 AM