Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No Restore after factory reset

I reluctantly reset my note 3 due to call dropping , dimming issues, and battery drain. However, nothing was restored on my phone accept some stock apps. None of my wallpapers, none of my personal apps. My husband's note restore these things. Did I forget to do something prior to resetting?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Default Re: No Restore after factory reset

You have to put back manually the extra personal stuff you add to your phone. Factory reset puts the phone back to the way it was when you first got it. If you have a backup app with restore function and you did a backup before you reset you can use that.

Notes from Deb's Note 3
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for replying so quickly. I am fairly certain my husband's note 3 didn't have a backup app on it because he always asks me to install these things for him.

Your husband's phone probably had backup and restore enabled in settings. This will only restore some things and sometimes it doesn't work particularly well but, if you had nothing at all restored and you used the same Google account after your reset then you likely did not have it enabled. You can't just enable it right before a reset either because it doesn't backup everything at once. And if you ever uncheck it, it deletes all prior backups.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Crap. Irks the hell out of me that I must have disabled it at some point without realizing I did. Now begins the painful process of reinstalling and putting my girl back to how I want it. Just hoping this reset takes care of the issues I was having. Thanks you guys for replying.