Verizon Galaxy Note 3 Kitkat update so far.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I've been watching the forum since Verizon pushed out KitKat and it seems for the most part it has gone fairly well It seems with all the terror stories pre-Kitkat.
My Note3 has been running smoothly, a little faster and the battery seems just a little better. No problems to date,
been running just over a week!
😂😃😀

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size does matter!"

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon Kitkat update so far.

I also have had no problems with the KitKat upgrade. In fact, the issues I had in not being able to use S Beam to transfer files between phones with the Samsung wireless charging back plate have been fixed with the KitKat update. Thus, I am a very happy camper.

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I've been watching the forum since Verizon pushed out KitKat and it seems for the most part it has gone fairly well It seems with all the terror stories pre-Kitkat.
My Note3 has been running smoothly, a little faster and the battery seems just a little better. No problems to date,
been running just over a week!
������

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size does matter!"

Same here. I've been running the Verizon version of KitKat for 7 days, everything is just a litte bit better and smoother with no problems to speak of (knocking on wood) ....SMILE

nicholasyoung

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

I have had 2 decice since then and both are horrible.....this update sucks lose in battery tx message wont send phone overall is slow

Posted via Android Central App

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

Well I had a totally blonde moment: I woke up to "download in process" and stupidly enough tapped "install" after the download was completed. Soooooooo... I am now on the dreaded kitkat. And so far I drop in and out of 4G, I have huge problems emailing pictures and my battery life seems to be worse. On the positive side, my phone is indeed faster.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site

Well I had a totally blonde moment: I woke up to "download in process" and stupidly enough tapped "install" after the download was completed. Soooooooo... I am now on the dreaded kitkat. And so far I drop in and out of 4G, I have huge problems emailing pictures and my battery life seems to be worse. On the positive side, my phone is indeed faster.

Reset

sent from my Note 3

Ladybell

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

Originally after KK update, I was pleased with the smooth operation and the speed. For the first 3 days I was EXTREMELY pleased with the battery life.

Then the phone started to get a little buggy . Battery life really took a hit. So I cleared the cache on individual apps. Wiped the cache partition from boot menu. Yesterday I unplugged from the Charger so I had 100% after 40 minutes to an hour I was down to 54% . No GPS or Bluetooth, on any other Typical battery drain function on. By last night I had just come to the point that I was going to do a factory reset. with the phone on through settings Menu, I selected the factory reset. The phone just stayed in think mode. Did a battery pull. Tried again. Same result. Did factory reset from boot menu with phone off.

Apps got bogged down trying to update . No gallery access. Didn't recognize Sd card. Freezing. App not responding pop ups. I was Fed up. Was planning to head to Verizon store . Thought I would try Factory data reset again with phone on from settings menu. Now it recognizes my SD card and all those crazy buggy things haven't happened so far. Going to let it be for a couple a days and see how it responds. Right now its OK.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

I haven't had any problems since kitkat (didn't have any before).

Battery is about the same or maybe a little better, my day to day use varies so much its hard to tell. I still get all day at least and sometimes two so I have no battery complaints.

Things seem smooth, not much different.. which im happy for

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site

I have had 2 decice since then and both are horrible.....this update sucks lose in battery tx message wont send phone overall is slow

Do a factory reset to settle the software on your phone I had the same problems with my note 3. As far as phone not sending txt message with kitkat you now have to select a default messaging. Go to settings, general (tab view), default applications, message. Select with one will be your default messaging if you have more than 1 messaging app on your phone.

detroit1

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

Maybe some people got kitkat and it may be working for them but there is lots of evidence of major problems with Kitkat including bricking your phone, killing your sd card and ruining it, dropped calls, poor signal strenth
I talked to 2 Best Buy Samsung experience stores and both best buy mobile employees and BOTH Samsung employees; 4 different people there told me not to do the update becaue they have have many customers come in with ruined phones or other problems. These were all Note 3 owners. One of the Samsung Experience employees who works out of a best buy store bricked her phone after doing the update and Verizon is blaming everyone else for it.
this is unacceptable. I am afraid to do it after hearing about all this

Ladybell

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

Not really sure if you can bypass the update. Since my last factory reset and rather sketchy operation over the weekend ... the phone is working just fine. No issues with the SD card and battery had improved as well. Some apps are no longer compatible with the new version and that may be a trigger. I also would like to point out that I have learned more about my devices and android from this forum than I have from any Best Buy, Verizon or Samsung employee. Their employment doesn't make them experts by any stretch. Not saying that the persons you visited were in anyway typical of my experiences. Updates can be a hassle but this is the first one that had me a tad concerned. That too has passed ... so far

detroit1

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

This forum has had multiple people complaining about kitkat after doing the update PLUS the best buy mobile employees PLUS the Samsung Experience employees; and they are basing it mostly on customers coming in and complaining about the update with phones that dont't work as well or don't work at all. They also said the smart machine they have that re-flashes the firmware has been made aware of the problems and they are waiting for a patch to fix this. I would recommend to anyone to wait and not do the update; if you brick your phone, I don't think Verizon will help you; they will make excuses and blame samsung, android, etc,etc etc

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

Yes before Kitkat my phone was rock solid. Never crashed. I shut down and reset about once a month. I upgraded to Kitkat and did a factory reset and now at least once and day usually twice a day my phone just restarts on its own. Very very frustrating when it was so rock solid before.

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site

Yes before Kitkat my phone was rock solid. Never crashed. I shut down and reset about once a month. I upgraded to Kitkat and did a factory reset and now at least once and day usually twice a day my phone just restarts on its own. Very very frustrating when it was so rock solid before.

Some apps that work with jelly bean may not work with kitkat, what you are describing may be cause by one of your apps. Go to the play store and download this app called watchdog lite and see if you have a app that may cause your phone to restart.

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

I'll give it a try, but the apps I have on my phone are also on my gnp and it runs great. Very frustrating!

iamdomino2

May 27, 2014
Visit site

I have not been able to charge my phone through USB after downloading Kit Kat last week. Any advice would be appreciated! =)

runamuck0870

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Constant dropped calls since Kit Kat update where before I had none. Did factory reset, dropped calls lessened (but still happen whereas prior I haven't had a single dropped call), but I'm still seeing degraded signal in most of my market. Also seeing an issue where all inbound calls go straight to voice mail, never ring on my side. I just get a new voice mail message. If I look at call logs, doesn't even show that the phone rang/missed call. Just boom...new voice mail message. No idea what's going on there.

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site

All those people that made post defending Verizon's slow process with the update by making claims that they would rather wait and have all the bugs worked out, than rush an update that's buggy. Well, how's that working out for ya?

astroprojector

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

I notice that after update the phone reception went down dramatically. In places where I had 4 bars I now see 2 or even 1 bar. Even when the phone shows 1 bar I get error "No cell signal available". Not sure i this could be fixed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech