Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Adapt Display keeps resetting

For some reason, my phone keeps dimming or turning down display brightness occasionally and my tapping the screen doesn't return it to my preset brightness. I don't have automatic brightness enabled because I like it always at ~ 35%. Only thing I see is in display settings is that "screen mode" keeps reverting back to "adapt display" whereas I uncheck it at put it on "standard". I can't figure out how it reverts back to adapt display if I uncheck it.

from "Ms Note 3"

Default Re: Adapt Display keeps resetting

Not sure but check in settings, general, and power saving mode to see if it's on. If so turn off and see if this help.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Power save mode is off. I'm gonna go through all the display settings and see what else could be causing my screen to dim and stay dim. This has never happened on JB, so I'm assuming there's a new setting in kit Kat that I'm missing. Thanks for helping me trouble shoot, iceman64.

from "Ms Note 3"
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Whatever is going on with my phone, I don't thinks it's Adapt display. I am still having the issue when my phones dims after my 1 minute setting, screen taps do not put the brightness back up. It stays dim until I go into display settings and toggle on / off auto brightness. It's not every time, but it's enough that it's becoming a nuisance. No one else is having this dimming issue?

from "Ms Note 3"

I'm having the same problem. It's annoying!

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I really hate to have to go to Verizon, but I think I will. This really sucks.

from "Ms Note 3"

Quote Originally Posted by yarnsrj View Post
    I really hate to have to go to Verizon, but I think I will. This really sucks.

from "Ms Note 3"
    Did you have this issue before you updated to kitkat, if not when you installed the KitKat update did you do a factory reset. A few people had different issue including myself, however after I did a factory reset my issue were gone. Sometime with a new os you have to do a factory reset in order to settle the software to your phone, I would do a factory reset and see if this settle your software on your phone. But make sure to sync all your accounts on your phone.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Never had this issue before kit Kat. I did do a factory reset, but the issue persists.

from "Ms Note 3"
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Verizon tech didn't see any issues with my phone and suggested trying auto setting to see if dimming issue persist. I read somewhere that the phone has a safety feature and dims if phones reach too high of a temperature. I'm a fairly heavy user for periods so this could be true. A CPU Monitor app has my phone cores between 98°F - 145°F And battery temp over 98°F.

At the time of this posting, my phone feels warm and I'd having that "dimming" issue.
    from "Ms Note 3"
    Last edited by yarnsrj; 06-29-2014 at 02:34 PM.

ROM
    .246 ICS

My phone did dim one time due to high temperature. Happened mounted in my windshield mounted car dock, had music playing and then an extended phone call. Activity plus sun hitting it caused the automatic safety feature to kick in. Once I ceased the phone call at my destination and removed the phone from the dock, all returned to normal within about five minutes or so.

Sent from my Awesome Note 3 via Android Central Forums App
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

My hubby's Note 3 is constantly on Espn, or YouTube. Same app taken at the same time, registered his temp a few degrees "higher" than mine. He is not plagued by the dimming issue, but he uses the auto display setting though.

from "Ms Note 3"