Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By anon8380037
  • 1 Post By anon8380037
  • 3 Post By jpr
  • 1 Post By Jalopiejoe
  • 1 Post By Jalopiejoe
  • 1 Post By Spencerdl
  • 1 Post By dpham00
  • 1 Post By Jalopiejoe
  • 1 Post By dpham00
  • 1 Post By anon8380037
  • 1 Post By Jalopiejoe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default I'm so looking mad, I did the factory reset!

    I did the factory reset after backing up to Kies. It saved most stuff but mixed it up but what I'm pissed about is I lost my scrap book!!!
    Is there any way to restore it?
    Please help!

    Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
  2. #2  

    Default Re: I'm so looking mad, I did the factory reset!

    I don't use Kies so this is a shot in the dark. I'm assuming your backup was stored on your phone.

    After you did your back up by chance did you copy it over to your PC? Or does Kies back up to a cloud somewhere?

    Is this the only backup you have or is there an older one that you've stored somewhere?

    Notes from Deb's Note 3
  3. #3  

    Default Re: I'm so looking mad, I did the factory reset!

    Hi Jalo, I was saving my stuff on computer about to do my first reset. I saw your post and spent 15 minutes looking where they were. I had only 3 images in my scrapbook. They were saved among some but not all screenshots in this phone folder. If you got some screenshots back they may still be there. I have my phone cabled to my pc, I explored and found my 3 scrapbook files in : Phone - Android - Data - com.samsung.android.provider.smartclip - files - ClipData
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: I'm so looking mad, I did the factory reset!

    Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    Hi Jalo, I was saving my stuff on computer about to do my first reset. I saw your post and spent 15 minutes looking where they were. I had only 3 images in my scrapbook. They were saved among some but not all screenshots in this phone folder. If you got some screenshots back they may still be there. I have my phone cabled to my pc, I explored and found my 3 scrapbook files in : Phone - Android - Data - com.samsung.android.provider.smartclip - files - ClipData
    Hey Madd,
    I am sorry I did the factory data reset. Unlike you, I had a bunch of non-replaceable stuff in my Scrapbook app.
    I assumed when I check marked save everything in

    Kies it would do just that.
    I called Samsung and they said it's lost!
    The only things I gained with the reset are the camera app on the lock screen and (something I don't like) when you receive a phone call instead of just tapping answer you now have to tap and swipe! This just sucks!!!
    Anyone on KitKat who is not really having any specific trouble a reset is not going to make things "Wonderful"
    Joe


    Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
  5. #5  

    Default Re: I'm so looking mad, I did the factory reset!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jalopiejoe View Post
    Hey Madd,
    I am sorry I did the factory data reset. Unlike you, I had a bunch of non-replaceable stuff in my Scrapbook app.
    I assumed when I check marked save everything in

    Kies it would do just that.
    I called Samsung and they said it's lost!
    The only things I gained with the reset are the camera app on the lock screen and (something I don't like) when you receive a phone call instead of just tapping answer you now have to tap and swipe! This just sucks!!!
    Anyone on KitKat who is not really having any specific trouble a reset is not going to make things "Wonderful"
    Joe


    Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    I learned on these forums and seeing it at work that Kies could not be relied on for a full back up and restore like the older Kies would on my S2 (I think it did then). So I always dragged and copied my photos, and screenshots, music and other files the old fashioned way to my pc.
    I remember reading though that there is a way in to the Kies back up you made. But I had a look and can't figure it.
    I just had to remember and reset my Samsung account and my Google account, and untick Picasa and other sync stuff.

    When I was finishing it asked if I want to restore from my Samsung account, before the Google stuff.
    I said yes, but it hadn't backed up to Samsung for 3 months so I cancelled that. I guess it asked you too if you want to back up from your Samsung account. That would be the only other place yours might be, but I guess you tried that. You say Samsung said it's lost. B**ger.
    Did you not get any images back.

    That tap and swipe to answer is probably a Verizon thing, but I'll ring myself later and see. After Kitkat I didn't get the camera icon because I had the camera as one of 3 lock screen icons already, so you can switch that.
    Jalopiejoe likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: I'm so looking mad, I did the factory reset!

    I think my scrapbook files were saved as .pny screenshot images. I asked someone else, and he could find scrapbook files in the Kies folder on the computer. Don't start Kies. I looked on mine and couldn't find Kies/Other/Scrapbook then MyScrapbook .scc files.

    Quoted:
    "In my Kies folder on my computer, it was under /Others/Scrapbook in the backup folder." look for My Scrapbook .scc files.
    Jalopiejoe likes this.
  7. #7  
    jpr
    jpr is offline
    jpr's Avatar

    Posts
    1,701 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,702 Global Posts

    Default Re: I'm so looking mad, I did the factory reset!

    Hey Joe, I'm the person Madd was quoting. I wasn't home before so I wanted to wait until I got back to my computer to verify things. So, the .scc files will only be there if you did exports from scrapbook. If you ever exported your scrapbook files then you can back up and restore them through Kies. The exported files can be backed up and restore through the Miscellaneous section in Kies. They will then end up on your computer in the location you designated for your backup at something similar to: \Samsung\Kies3\backup\SM-N900T\SM-N900T_{yourphonenumber}\SM-N900T_{dateandtime}\Others\Scrapbook\

    So check to see if you have anything in that folder - check on your computer file explorer, not in Kies. If you don't then you either didn't make any exports or they were not backed up properly. If you do have exported files there, great. Then once you have restored them, you just need to open scrapbook and click Menu - Import - and choose the file to import. They will not automatically appear in scrapbook by just doing a Kies restore - you need to do the import.

    If you didn't do any exports prior to your factory reset though and Kies was the only method you used to backup any of your files, then the only other way to get your Scrapbook files back is if you synced them to your Samsung account. Did you have sync set up with Samsung? Did you sign in with your Samsung account after the reset and see if you could get them back?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: I'm so looking mad, I did the factory reset!

    Thanks! I will check this out, but I probably didn't backup scrapbook correctly.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    anon8380037 likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: I'm so looking mad, I did the factory reset!

    I guess if I've learned anything it's to keep things simple.
    It is after all a phone!

    Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    anon8380037 likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: I'm so looking mad, I did the factory reset!

    I left Google syncing last night but it only replaced half my apps. Fresh apps. I left home this morning and didn't try kies restore. I am having to install and set up manually. I think I will skip it and try kies this evening to see if it will restore my layout and apps settings.
    You are right it is a pain in the proverbial. It does seem a little smoother but it will take a few days to see.

    Posted via Android Central App
  11. #11  

    Default Re: I'm so looking mad, I did the factory reset!

    Thanks for the info everyone. VERY informative.
    anon8380037 likes this.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: I'm so looking mad, I did the factory reset!

    Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    I left Google syncing last night but it only replaced half my apps. Fresh apps. I left home this morning and didn't try kies restore. I am having to install and set up manually. I think I will skip it and try kies this evening to see if it will restore my layout and apps settings.
    You are right it is a pain in the proverbial. It does seem a little smoother but it will take a few days to see.

    Posted via Android Central App
    I use Helium to backup apps and app data. I also use Nova launcher so my home screens are saved.

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    anon8380037 likes this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: I'm so looking mad, I did the factory reset!

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    I use Helium to backup apps and app data. I also use Nova launcher so my home screens are saved.

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    I will try that next time. I figured it can't be too much to put it back the way it was, so I decided to do it without much planning. The annoying thing is a lot of apps see this as a different phone now, even though I named it the same. SwiftKey just says I have two SM-N9005 phones and my GS2, and I lost my backup and the paid version.
    All a painful learning curve.

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
  14. #14  

    Default Re: I'm so looking mad, I did the factory reset!

    Take a look in Accounts - Samsung - Storage and wait for it to load.

    I have my 3 files back in Scrapbook, either from Google or Samsung. They were not just screenshots, they were extendable. I was only playing with it and never really used scrapbook.
    I lost my S-Notes so far.


  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: I'm so looking mad, I did the factory reset!

    It is a bit painful but it is a learning curve and we'll be all the wiser next time!👍

    Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    anon8380037 likes this.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: I'm so looking mad, I did the factory reset!

    Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    I will try that next time. I figured it can't be too much to put it back the way it was, so I decided to do it without much planning. The annoying thing is a lot of apps see this as a different phone now, even though I named it the same. SwiftKey just says I have two SM-N9005 phones and my GS2, and I lost my backup and the paid version.
    All a painful learning curve.

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    I sync Swiftkey to the cloud, so I don't lose anything. You can remove the old Note 3 from the Swiftkey cloud if you want.

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    anon8380037 likes this.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: I'm so looking mad, I did the factory reset!

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    I sync Swiftkey to the cloud, so I don't lose anything. You can remove the old Note 3 from the Swiftkey cloud if you want.

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    I had synced it, and it worked before. When I went to the SwiftKey cloud settings it said I had 3 devices. I have 2. One SM-N9005 last synced yesterday pre reset, another SM-N9005 'synced' today. I decided to delete the 'old' SM-N9005 when it wasn't getting any backup from it, but that may or may not be a mistake. It should still have my saved words.
    I also can't get the arrows as before, and the green and white theme isn't there. Ho Hum. I'll sort it.
    I might try Kies restore tonight, though I don't want to ruin what I have been working on today, and I kinda like the idea of building up a fresh phone.
    I'm waiting for a new sd card to replace a Samsung. I have a Kingston 16gb but the package arrived open from an eBay seller last year and I think it showed errors so they sent me the Samsung I ordered. So if I try it I might need another reset. The Samsung card had been showing notifications on wake up.

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    Jalopiejoe likes this.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: I'm so looking mad, I did the factory reset!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jalopiejoe View Post
    Hey Madd,
    I am sorry I did the factory data reset. Unlike you, I had a bunch of non-replaceable stuff in my Scrapbook app.
    I assumed when I check marked save everything in

    Kies it would do just that.
    I called Samsung and they said it's lost!
    The only things I gained with the reset are the camera app on the lock screen and (something I don't like) when you receive a phone call instead of just tapping answer you now have to tap and swipe! This just sucks!!!
    Anyone on KitKat who is not really having any specific trouble a reset is not going to make things "Wonderful"



    I did find one new improvement I like!
    The "Hi Galaxy" voice that sounded like a computer has been replaced by a sultry, sexy sounding voice!


    Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app


    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size Does Matter!"
    anon8380037 likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. HTC One M8 - Wich version did i got?
    By Ntbook in forum HTC One M8
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-27-2016, 03:50 PM
  2. Adapt Display keeps resetting
    By yarnsrj in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-30-2014, 11:19 AM
  3. Speaker on the back?
    By gummyjelly in forum LG G3
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-29-2014, 11:27 PM
  4. How to add widgets to the LockScreen widget list?
    By pizza_pablo in forum Droid RAZR M
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-29-2014, 12:49 AM
  5. Am I Crazy? I actually LIKE the camera on the M8
    By RockyMtnRedRaider in forum HTC One M8
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-28-2014, 07:39 PM

Posting Permissions