Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jpr
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

Default Sign-In Requests after Kit Kat Update on Verizon?

I just did the update and I keep getting Sign-In Requests in my notifications window for my Gmail accounts. When I click on it I get the following in the attached screen shot. I do not remember doing this before, is it something new? So far I've clicked cancel.

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sign-In Requests after Kit Kat Update on Verizon?-sign-.jpg  

Default Re: Sign-In Requests after Kit Kat Update on Verizon?

Yes I got that straight after. I was having kittens because I did not want Google having my photos.
    I think all Google sync settings and other settings are set to defaults.
    I also had an error showing for Google syncing, 'try again later'. So once that cleared and with the help of Ambassadors on a thread it was simple in the end.
    You need to have master Sync on before you go to General - Accounts - Google - tap name, where you will then have tick boxes to untick Picasa (scroll down). I unticked People and Drive, and have disabled the Google+ app, but that's me.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    I know nothing.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

I had options checked for:

Google + Photos
    Picassa Web albums
    Google Photos Auto Backup

1. Does this mean my photos are being backed up/posted to Google + somewhere?
    2. Why is there a Picassa web album if there is also Google + photo storage?
    3. Are all of my photos being backed up somewhere? If so where are they???

Thanks

I only vaguely understand Photos and Google+ backups. I don't have the three photo options you do.

I don't have a Photos app, some do or have both. Apparently Google Photos was meant to replace Picasa. It could be a conflict with Samsung's Gallery.

I have this phone 6 months, I updated to KK about 10 weeks ago (not on Verizon) , but also did a factory reset (wipe to new) yesterday because of a faulty card. Picasa and Google + wanted to backup photos again.
    (I was told photos are uploaded as thumbnail images so don't use much data.) I just save copies to my pc.

Hopefully someone can explain it better.

Picasa or mi casa ?

I know nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by kat.hayes View Post
    I had options checked for:

Google + Photos
    Picassa Web albums
    Google Photos Auto Backup

1. Does this mean my photos are being backed up/posted to Google + somewhere?
    2. Why is there a Picassa web album if there is also Google + photo storage?
    3. Are all of my photos being backed up somewhere? If so where are they???

Thanks
    Yes, this is unnecessarily complicated. I will try to help - hope it doesn't confuse you more.

Although Picasa and Google+ have been linked and partially integrated, some people have a Picasa Web account without a google+ account so they have had to keep picasa web active separate from Google+ settings even though they have migrated Picasa users with G+ accounts over to G+ photos.

Do you have a Google+ account? Do you have picasa web albums? My account is from before G+ was forced on everyone. I have Google+ disabled and I never used Picasa.

The way these sync options work is that everything is synced to your Google account. There is just one copy of them in one place. However, these various services and apps have access to them. So Picasa Web will show your photos if you are syncing them and google+ will show your photos if you are syncing them. Also, photos from both these will show on your phone if you are syncing. All these are coming from the one cloud copy in your Google account.

To see what, if any, photos (and all other data btw) that are being stored in your account, you can look at your account dashboard at https://www.google.com/settings/dashboard

Click on Google photos in the dashboard and it will give you a breakdown of public and unlisted albums and photos. You will also see links to settings for both google+ and picasa web. You can go to each and check your privacy settings and can go to the photo section in each and see what photos are there and check their visibility to others. Both picasa and G+ will allow you to keep photos private so make sure it's the way you want it to be in each.

Uncheck all those sync options on your phone if you don't want to sync and go into the Google+ app on your phone as well and make sure you are not set to upload, unless you want it to of course.
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 
    Madd54 likes this.

I keep getting a sign in request for Gallery. ....and it shows the Picasa app. I haven't done it but a few days ago all but 18 of the pics in my default camera folder dissappeared! ( on the phones internal memory ) I'm sick over this. Google plus backed up everything in my phone all pics including the last 5 days worth that was on that album, but all of the pictures from before that were in that album are gone!. I'm hoping they're in Picasa? I'm sure and has to do with a KitKat update I did last week. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by isaura81 View Post
    I keep getting a sign in request for Gallery. ....and it shows the Picasa app. I haven't done it but a few days ago all but 18 of the pics in my default camera folder dissappeared! ( on the phones internal memory ) I'm sick over this. Google plus backed up everything in my phone all pics including the last 5 days worth that was on that album, but all of the pictures from before that were in that album are gone!. I'm hoping they're in Picasa? I'm sure and has to do with a KitKat update I did last week. Any suggestions?
    You probably got there by now, but you can untick Picasa from the Google Sync options in Accounts - Google - touch account. Master Sync needs to be turned on.
    I don't know where the photos are on your phone, and I have Google + disabled in Applications Manager, but try jpr's dashboard link above from a pc. Seems the easiest way to get there.

I know nothing.