Getting discouraged with Kitkat

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I did the full factory reset. My battery is only slightly better than before the reset, but much worse than before Kitkat. And I cannot email pictures unless I use wifi, and frankly I'm not always in a wifi area. I also keep dropping out of 4G into 3G and even 1X even when I'm home.
I need a phone I can depend on, this is getting to be a real problem. :(

hcane466

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
If you live in a rural area..then I can understand your weak signal issues. Take your phone to the store where you bought it. If the people at the store are getting a good signal. ..then have them replace your phone. It just could be you got a bad phone
Good luck

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
If you live in a rural area..then I can understand your weak signal issues. Take your phone to the store where you bought it. If the people at the store are getting a good signal. ..then have them replace your phone. It just could be you got a bad phone
Good luck

I live in a major city in the south bay, in California, 4G signal is very strong everywhere I go. In fact it was never a problem until Kitkat. I'm irritated to no end because I really felt that I had finally found the right phone when I got my Note 3 in December.
I was perfect on Jellybean.
I cannot work with this phone as it is.
I just tried emailing a bunch of work related photos and this time I turned on wifi, and sure enough, it won't send.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Update: my phone went from 100% to 18% battery in 45 minutes. I'm done. I don't care what ancient stone age tin can I end up with, it can't be nearly as bad as this.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Update: my phone went from 100% to 18% battery in 45 minutes. I'm done. I don't care what ancient stone age tin can I end up with, it can't be nearly as bad as this.

I don't blame you! I don't see any real improvements with KitKat, just problems! 😾👎

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size Does Matter!"

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

What email app are you using? For example gmail, yahoo, or Outlook (hotmail)... also are you using the dedicated app for your email client or the built in "email" app on your phone

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
What email app are you using? For example gmail, yahoo, or Outlook (hotmail)... also are you using the dedicated app for your email client or the built in "email" app on your phone

using gmail.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Contact Verizon for troubleshooting. They should be able to get you a replacement

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Moto G

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah sounds like you either got a bad note 3, battery, or all the above.

Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Verizon tried to give me a used phone that I would have to update to kitkat. I'm ditching Android. I love my Note Pro, so Im keeping that, but I need a phone I can rely on.

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Google+ on kitkat is having some issues. I turned it off and it helped a lot, but my phone is still randomly rebooting so I called Verizon and they are going to send me a new phone out tomorrow.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I have google+ turned off. My phone says that android is using 60% of my battery. I am done with android phones, everytime an update rolls out, it's the same BS.
I hope my Note Pro will not be dealing with any of that anytime soon, because I really like it and I have no issues with it, but I'm going back to Blackberry for my phone.
I ordered a free Q10 with a 2 year contract at Verizon, I know I will have some limitations with it but as I said, I still have my Note Pro.
And if I still get issues that cripple my phone after that then I'll quit and use a plain old flip phone.
I am done paying just to get screwed.
In the 21st century, to not be able to rely on a phone is imply unacceptable.

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes I understand that. My phone was great before the update and my gpn with the same hardware and is also Verizon runs great with 4.4 so 4.4 should be fine on the note 3.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Really sorry it messed up your phone and they would not allow you a new one like some. You would think Verizon should install KitKat on a new one for you, then test everything. Google/Android, Samsung and developers software seems a soup that doesn't always mix, and that's the downside of this system. KitKat while it worked fine for a lot of people, was a Jelly Bean update not worth having, and I would blame Google for trying to fix mistakes they discovered in 4.3 , and offer improvements that weren't needed. How many Note 3's worldwide have been exchanged?

I personally wish that Samsung CS or Verizon gave you a new Note 3 and promised to keep one running for you. Maybe a phone call to Samsung or Verizon as above. Or a temporary phone until Verizon release Note 3's on 4.4, I don't know.

You need a phone, so that's what Blackberry and Motorola apparently do really well. It took a lot to learn how the Note 3 works though.
Give it a last try with them. Otherwise it's a real shame it didn't work out for you.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Really sorry it messed up your phone and they would not allow you a new one like some. You would think Verizon should install KitKat on a new one for you, then test everything. Google/Android, Samsung and developers software seems a soup that doesn't always mix, and that's the downside of this system. KitKat while it worked fine for a lot of people, was a Jelly Bean update not worth having, and I would blame Google for trying to fix mistakes they discovered in 4.3 , and offer improvements that weren't needed. How many Note 3's worldwide have been exchanged?

I personally wish that Samsung CS or Verizon gave you a new Note 3 and promised to keep one running for you. Maybe a phone call to Samsung or Verizon as above. Or a temporary phone until Verizon release Note 3's on 4.4, I don't know.

You need a phone, so that's what Blackberry and Motorola apparently do really well. It took a lot to learn how the Note 3 works though.
Give it a last try with them. Otherwise it's a real shame it didn't work out for you.

Well, the Q10 was free, so if it doesn't work, it's not big deal. If it works, I'll just become a Crackhead again. ;)

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Well, the Q10 was free, so if it doesn't work, it's not big deal. If it works, I'll just become a Crackhead again. ;)
True, so you can always jump on the Android train again.
I like the TouchWiz on the new S5, (also the HTC M8 and the Moto X) - but I can hear you screaming as you read this :mad: :D
You may not need a second S-Pen really, although it's useful on a phone when you have become used to it.

I'd really like to try the Q10, and I like buttons.
Stay posting from the Note Pro. :cool:

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
True, so you can always jump on the Android train again.
I like the TouchWiz on the new S5, (also the HTC M8 and the Moto X) - but I can hear you screaming as you read this :mad: :D
You may not need a second S-Pen really, although it's useful on a phone when you have become used to it.

I'd really like to try the Q10, and I like buttons.
Stay posting from the Note Pro. :cool:

Oh I am NOT getting an Android ever again. I've had several Motorolas, several Samsungs, and every time the software updates were a problem, though nothing as big as this one. For some silly reason I really thought they had gotten the hang of rolling out updates without trashing the phones, it appears I was wrong.
Apple is the same, I've learned that the hard way.
So if Blackberry lets me down, I'm going back to flip phones, it'll be cheaper anyway.
Like I said, I am done paying huge amounts of money for the privilege of getting screwed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay