Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Getting discouraged with Kitkat

I did the full factory reset. My battery is only slightly better than before the reset, but much worse than before Kitkat. And I cannot email pictures unless I use wifi, and frankly I'm not always in a wifi area. I also keep dropping out of 4G into 3G and even 1X even when I'm home.
    I need a phone I can depend on, this is getting to be a real problem.

Default Re: Getting discouraged with Kitkat

If you live in a rural area..then I can understand your weak signal issues. Take your phone to the store where you bought it. If the people at the store are getting a good signal. ..then have them replace your phone. It just could be you got a bad phone
    Good luck

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by hcane466 View Post
    If you live in a rural area..then I can understand your weak signal issues. Take your phone to the store where you bought it. If the people at the store are getting a good signal. ..then have them replace your phone. It just could be you got a bad phone
    Good luck

I live in a major city in the south bay, in California, 4G signal is very strong everywhere I go. In fact it was never a problem until Kitkat. I'm irritated to no end because I really felt that I had finally found the right phone when I got my Note 3 in December.
    I was perfect on Jellybean.
    I cannot work with this phone as it is.
    I just tried emailing a bunch of work related photos and this time I turned on wifi, and sure enough, it won't send.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Update: my phone went from 100% to 18% battery in 45 minutes. I'm done. I don't care what ancient stone age tin can I end up with, it can't be nearly as bad as this.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Evilguppy View Post
    Update: my phone went from 100% to 18% battery in 45 minutes. I'm done. I don't care what ancient stone age tin can I end up with, it can't be nearly as bad as this.
    I don't blame you! I don't see any real improvements with KitKat, just problems! 😾👎

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size Does Matter!"
    jboogie1289 and hokie_prof like this.

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts

What email app are you using? For example gmail, yahoo, or Outlook (hotmail)... also are you using the dedicated app for your email client or the built in "email" app on your phone

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by pdub73 View Post
    What email app are you using? For example gmail, yahoo, or Outlook (hotmail)... also are you using the dedicated app for your email client or the built in "email" app on your phone

using gmail.

Contact Verizon for troubleshooting. They should be able to get you a replacement

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Moto G
    Thanked by:
    mchi5 

Sorry to hear that. You need a fresh one.
    I know nothing. Caution: I can edit and delete for no reason.

Yeah sounds like you either got a bad note 3, battery, or all the above.

Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Verizon tried to give me a used phone that I would have to update to kitkat. I'm ditching Android. I love my Note Pro, so Im keeping that, but I need a phone I can rely on.

Have you looked to see what app is using most of your battery? It may just be one app causing the problems.

Google+ on kitkat is having some issues. I turned it off and it helped a lot, but my phone is still randomly rebooting so I called Verizon and they are going to send me a new phone out tomorrow.

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

I have google+ turned off. My phone says that android is using 60% of my battery. I am done with android phones, everytime an update rolls out, it's the same BS.
    I hope my Note Pro will not be dealing with any of that anytime soon, because I really like it and I have no issues with it, but I'm going back to Blackberry for my phone.
    I ordered a free Q10 with a 2 year contract at Verizon, I know I will have some limitations with it but as I said, I still have my Note Pro.
    And if I still get issues that cripple my phone after that then I'll quit and use a plain old flip phone.
    I am done paying just to get screwed.
    In the 21st century, to not be able to rely on a phone is imply unacceptable.
    Thanked by:
    pkcable and anon8380037 like this.

Yes I understand that. My phone was great before the update and my gpn with the same hardware and is also Verizon runs great with 4.4 so 4.4 should be fine on the note 3.

Really sorry it messed up your phone and they would not allow you a new one like some. You would think Verizon should install KitKat on a new one for you, then test everything. Google/Android, Samsung and developers software seems a soup that doesn't always mix, and that's the downside of this system. KitKat while it worked fine for a lot of people, was a Jelly Bean update not worth having, and I would blame Google for trying to fix mistakes they discovered in 4.3 , and offer improvements that weren't needed. How many Note 3's worldwide have been exchanged?

I personally wish that Samsung CS or Verizon gave you a new Note 3 and promised to keep one running for you. Maybe a phone call to Samsung or Verizon as above. Or a temporary phone until Verizon release Note 3's on 4.4, I don't know.

You need a phone, so that's what Blackberry and Motorola apparently do really well. It took a lot to learn how the Note 3 works though.
    Give it a last try with them. Otherwise it's a real shame it didn't work out for you.
    Thanked by:

I rooted only to avoid kk

Sent from my Hyperdriven Note 3
    Synycalwon likes this.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    Really sorry it messed up your phone and they would not allow you a new one like some. You would think Verizon should install KitKat on a new one for you, then test everything. Google/Android, Samsung and developers software seems a soup that doesn't always mix, and that's the downside of this system. KitKat while it worked fine for a lot of people, was a Jelly Bean update not worth having, and I would blame Google for trying to fix mistakes they discovered in 4.3 , and offer improvements that weren't needed. How many Note 3's worldwide have been exchanged?

I personally wish that Samsung CS or Verizon gave you a new Note 3 and promised to keep one running for you. Maybe a phone call to Samsung or Verizon as above. Or a temporary phone until Verizon release Note 3's on 4.4, I don't know.

You need a phone, so that's what Blackberry and Motorola apparently do really well. It took a lot to learn how the Note 3 works though.
    Give it a last try with them. Otherwise it's a real shame it didn't work out for you.
    Well, the Q10 was free, so if it doesn't work, it's not big deal. If it works, I'll just become a Crackhead again.
    Thanked by:

Well, the Q10 was free, so if it doesn't work, it's not big deal. If it works, I'll just become a Crackhead again.
    True, so you can always jump on the Android train again.
    I like the TouchWiz on the new S5, (also the HTC M8 and the Moto X) - but I can hear you screaming as you read this
    You may not need a second S-Pen really, although it's useful on a phone when you have become used to it.

I'd really like to try the Q10, and I like buttons.
    Stay posting from the Note Pro.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

True, so you can always jump on the Android train again.
    I like the TouchWiz on the new S5, (also the HTC M8 and the Moto X) - but I can hear you screaming as you read this
    You may not need a second S-Pen really, although it's useful on a phone when you have become used to it.

I'd really like to try the Q10, and I like buttons.
    Stay posting from the Note Pro.
    Oh I am NOT getting an Android ever again. I've had several Motorolas, several Samsungs, and every time the software updates were a problem, though nothing as big as this one. For some silly reason I really thought they had gotten the hang of rolling out updates without trashing the phones, it appears I was wrong.
    Apple is the same, I've learned that the hard way.
    So if Blackberry lets me down, I'm going back to flip phones, it'll be cheaper anyway.
    Like I said, I am done paying huge amounts of money for the privilege of getting screwed.
    anon8380037 likes this.

We may all follow you over to Crackberry.
    You never know what tomorrow brings.
    A tout a l'heure.
    Evilguppy likes this.
    Lot

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Did you try a full reset after the update? I live in San Jose and I get great coverage with KK on my Note 3. A full charge lasts me over 2 days.

Posted via Android Central App
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Quote Originally Posted by Lot View Post
    Did you try a full reset after the update? I live in San Jose and I get great coverage with KK on my Note 3. A full charge lasts me over 2 days.

Posted via Android Central App
    I did the full reset, I took out the battery (per advice from Samsung), nothing worked. And now Google is prompting me every 5 minutes for permission for Picasa (on each of my email accounts) to access my gallery??? HELL, NO. So I'm backing up everything and moving my pics to my computer before deleting everything. Until I get my Blackberry in the mail (it should be here tomorrow) my Note 3 is only good for making calls... and dropping them.

I had the same thing and was determined not to give Google my photos or anything.
    I got help! You can stop it doing that and use it as you did.
    I had a Google sync error for a day after KitKat, but if you don't : General - Accounts - Google - tap account - untick Picasa Web Folders sync, and most everything else as I did, and it will settle down. BUT you won't get the Google sync tick-boxes unless master Sync is on.

Picasa or mi casa ?
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

I had the same thing and was determined not to give Google my photos or anything.
    I got help! You can stop it doing that and use it as you did.
    I had a Google sync error for a day after KitKat, but if you don't : General - Accounts - Google - tap account - untick Picasa Web Folders sync, and most everything else as I did, and it will settle down. BUT you won't get the Google sync tick-boxes unless master Sync is on.

Picasa or mi casa ? - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    Ok this is weird: I have nothing that says Picasa in my Google settings, it's under "PEOPLE" and it only says Picasa when the box is checked... which I had made sure it was unchecked on all my accounts when I first set up my phone. I found them all checked just now, unchecked them and now it says "people".
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast