Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Kies backup/reset megafail

OMG I backed up with kies and did a reset and kies restored almost NOTHING. No nova launcher settings, no email settings, no keyboard settings, and now it thinks I'm ROAMING all the time. I don't even know what to do. Just reset again and not reload anything but my sd card I guess. SO ANNOYED! And it took FOREVER for it to back up a "miscellaneous data" folder then wouldn't even restore. Also NM ow I can't see some stuff from my as card, like my hacked ver of flash to side load. Any suggestions?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Also it claims I did my reset on 6/5/2016. Is that what year it is? Huh... Time flies...

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Kies backup/reset megafail

Kies backup/reset megafail-2014-05-31-19-53-35.jpg

Posted via Android Central App

Do you suppose you could have a bad 3.0 USB cord?
    First time I tried backing up my phone to Kies it failed. Later I found my phone would not take a charge because of a brake in the cord. If you call, Samsung will send a new one.👍

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size Does Matter!"

Program settings are stored on your computer by Kies 3 - if you go to the TOOLS menu and choose PREFERENCES you can see exactly where they are stored. You may be able to restore the files manually.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by bertsirkin View Post
    Program settings are stored on your computer by Kies 3 - if you go to the TOOLS menu and choose PREFERENCES you can see exactly where they are stored. You may be able to restore the files manually.
    /facepalm ya but how exactly do I do that. I move it to my SD and Note3 doesn't see it. and it's not "hidden". Even if I can find it how do I restore it? I go on the Kies and find the folder Kies created and it looks empty. So it won't select it for restore. It makes me so frustrated.

I doubt this is a bad cord issue since I have used it before&after w/no probs. Also it's not that old. I got the device it NIB from swappA less than 6 mos ago. Also I charge with Qi so the only time I use it is for data xfer.