Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
Like Tree33Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Seems pretty quiet around here!

    I think most of us have gotten past the KitKat download, have straightened thinks out, got our Note 3's to settle in and have learned alot!
    I know I have!
    My note is running smoothly and the battery life is better.
    A little late now but I learned how to save everything for when there's another update and I need to do a factory data reset. It did need to be done!

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size Does Matter!"
    Thanked by:
    Spencerdl likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Seems pretty quiet around here!

    I think you about summed it up Joe. Nothing unusual with my update, things for the most part working as good as ever!
    Hey, maybe you could post a quick "How to" on saving everything for those of us that had to manually input after the update.
    Thanks man!
    Thanked by 2:
    Spencerdl likes this.
  3. #3  
    beh
    beh is offline
    beh's Avatar

    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts

    Default Re: Seems pretty quiet around here!

    Never fear, in a few days the new rant will be "when do I get 4.4.3" , "I own this device I should be able to screw it up anyway I choose" , and "the notice bar icons are all fushia!" LOL ;^)
    Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910V
    Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900V
    Galaxy Note 8 SGH-1467
    Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 SM-P900
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Seems pretty quiet around here!

    Quote Originally Posted by beh View Post
    Never fear, in a few days the new rant will be "when do I get 4.4.3" , "I own this device I should be able to screw it up anyway I choose" , and "the notice bar icons are all fushia!" LOL ;^)
    That's Funny as Hell!!!!😃😂😄

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size Does Matter!"
    Spencerdl likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Seems pretty quiet around here!

    Quote Originally Posted by BBSeattle View Post
    I think you about summed it up Joe. Nothing unusual with my update, things for the most part working as good as ever!
    Hey, maybe you could post a quick "How to" on saving everything for those of us that had to manually input after the update.
    Thanks man!
    For the most part I was able to backup with Kies 3, I check marked all. And then (I found out later) you can backup Scrapbook by going to menu and exporting to your SD card.
    I had to turn on and off a few things in settings but other than shuffling my apps, everything was OK!
    (Lucky I guess? ) 😨

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size Does Matter!"
    BBSeattle and Spencerdl like this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Seems pretty quiet around here!

    Cool, thanks. Certainly better than how I did it.
    Pretty much transfered pics and data manually to removable storage and backed up Nova Prime. Still had a lot of manual input though. I need to look into the whole Kies thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jalopiejoe View Post
    For the most part I was able to backup with Kies 3, I check marked all. And then (I found out later) you can backup Scrapbook by going to menu and exporting to your SD card.
    I had to turn on and off a few things in settings but other than shuffling my apps, everything was OK!
    (Lucky I guess? ) ��

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size Does Matter!"
    Spencerdl likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Seems pretty quiet around here!

    So true! I do find it funny when people rant and complain about not getting an update in a timely manner then complain to no end about the actual update. Happens every single time. I told everyone to be careful what they wish for on the "When are we getting Kit Kat thread"..... ��

    Quote Originally Posted by beh View Post
    Never fear, in a few days the new rant will be "when do I get 4.4.3" , "I own this device I should be able to screw it up anyway I choose" , and "the notice bar icons are all fushia!" LOL ;^)
    Spencerdl likes this.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Seems pretty quiet around here!

    Could you guys keep it down? Trying to get some sleep here!
    I know nothing. Caution: I can edit and delete for no reason.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Seems pretty quiet around here!

    Sorry....it's Joe's fault.

    Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    Could you guys keep it down? Trying to get some sleep here!
    Thanked by:
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Seems pretty quiet around here!

    i personally hate kitkat. i seem to be getting poorer data reception and my battery life is horrible compared to jelly bean. i have done a factory reset and wiped cache partition.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Seems pretty quiet around here!

    I always find the different results with updates intriguing.
    Aren't we all fundamentally using the same hardware and software? Why is there always so much disparity? Some have improvements, some issues and like me hardly any changes at all.
    I have 3 devices on Kit Kat; Nexus 7, Htc One M7 and my Note3. In each case nothing significant in each case. Maybe the apps, programs, etc. Play a larger role than we think. All of my devices are set up identically, maybe that's why my results are the same? I really have no idea, just throwing it out there.

    Quote Originally Posted by music_man185 View Post
    i personally hate kitkat. i seem to be getting poorer data reception and my battery life is horrible compared to jelly bean. i have done a factory reset and wiped cache partition.
    Thanked by:
    Spencerdl and anon8380037 like this.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Seems pretty quiet around here!

    Quote Originally Posted by BBSeattle View Post
    I always find the different results with updates intriguing.
    Aren't we all fundamentally using the same hardware and software? Why is there always so much disparity?
    I too have had no problems with the update. I suspect that there are still some apps that haven't been updated to work with kitkat. I wouldn't be surprised to see a "common denominator" app with all the people experiencing problems. One app could monopolize the battery, and other services, causing all kinds of issues.
    Thanked by:
    Spencerdl likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: Seems pretty quiet around here!

    Quote Originally Posted by beh View Post
    Never fear, in a few days the new rant will be "when do I get 4.4.3" , "I own this device I should be able to screw it up anyway I choose" , and "the notice bar icons are all fushia!" LOL ;^)
    Oh crap!!! I just saw something on Android Central
    about Android 4.4.3 for Nexus devices! 😨😨😨

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size Does Matter!"
    Thanked by:
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Seems pretty quiet around here!

    Android 4.5 will be awhile. IOS 8 was announced and there is nothing really cool for Google to steal to make our phone better. We're gonna have to think it up ourself now.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    anon8380037 likes this.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Seems pretty quiet around here!

    Android system and Android OS are the two things eating my battery
    Thanked by:
    anon8380037 and Jalopiejoe like this.
  16. #16  
    pdub73's Avatar

    Posts
    199 Posts
    Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

    Default Re: Seems pretty quiet around here!

    Well the battery drain I was seeing has seemed to stop, however I'm still seeing very high RAM usage. as am writing this it's up to 2.02 out of 2.71 and it really bogs the phone down, didn't happen on 4.3...

    Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Seems pretty quiet around here!

    Quote Originally Posted by pdub73 View Post
    Well the battery drain I was seeing has seemed to stop, however I'm still seeing very high RAM usage. as am writing this it's up to 2.02 out of 2.71 and it really bogs the phone down, didn't happen on 4.3...

    Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Not true that the RAM is bogging it down. That was one of my first thread questions, and many here will tell you the same. RAM works differently to Windows / PC ram. Clearing ram only causes Android to fill most of the ram again using more cpu or whatever. Having a high degree of ram filled means its running efficiently. It will clear the ram it needs least when more space is needed.

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    I know nothing. Caution: I can edit and delete for no reason.
    Thanked by:
    msndrstood and Spencerdl like this.
  18. #18  
    pdub73's Avatar

    Posts
    199 Posts
    Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

    Default Re: Seems pretty quiet around here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    Not true that the RAM is bogging it down. That was one of my first thread questions, and many here will tell you the same. RAM works differently to Windows / PC ram. Clearing ram only causes Android to fill most of the ram again using more cpu or whatever. Having a high degree of ram filled means its running efficiently. It will clear the ram it needs least when more space is needed.

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    Well when ig or fb wont update the latest feed I check the RAM, clear it and it begins to work properly that is why I came to that conclusion....if there is another explanation then I'd love to hear it...it never ran that high before kit kat, I shouldn't have to manually close running apps and clear ram to get my data to work properly when I want to read the mosr recent news feed...

    Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
  19. #19  
    zeuswsu's Avatar

    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts

    Default Re: Seems pretty quiet around here!

    Quote Originally Posted by pdub73 View Post
    Well when ig or fb wont update the latest feed I check the RAM, clear it and it begins to work properly that is why I came to that conclusion....if there is another explanation then I'd love to hear it...it never ran that high before kit kat, I shouldn't have to manually close running apps and clear ram to get my data to work properly when I want to read the mosr recent news feed...

    Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Probably because the Facebook for Android app has always been terrible and they probably haven't optimized it for Kit Kat yet.

    Are you also closing Facebook when you clear memory? That would be another explanation.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  20. #20  
    pdub73's Avatar

    Posts
    199 Posts
    Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

    Default Re: Seems pretty quiet around here!

    Fb has not had any problems for me until now, if it's a matter of compatibility then I can wait but instagram has the same issue...even if I try to browse the web....no I'm not closing the app when I clear the memory...I just go to the task manager I see the memory usage is high, so I press clear memory and go back to the app and it downloads instantly

    Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Seems pretty quiet around here!

    Quote Originally Posted by pdub73 View Post
    Fb has not had any problems for me until now, if it's a matter of compatibility then I can wait but instagram has the same issue...even if I try to browse the web....no I'm not closing the app when I clear the memory...I just go to the task manager I see the memory usage is high, so I press clear memory and go back to the app and it downloads instantly

    Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    You might have something on that one then. I don't have Facebook.

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    I know nothing. Caution: I can edit and delete for no reason.
  22. #22  
    pdub73's Avatar

    Posts
    199 Posts
    Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

    Default Re: Seems pretty quiet around here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    You might have something on that one then. I don't have Facebook.

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    I can deal with it if it's a bug and wait till the next update corrects it I may still try a hard reset and see if that helps, I have a lot of things to back up and it takes time so if I can avoid a hard reset It would be easier.... I'll keep reading and see if the memory issue is just my phone or a common problem...

    Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Seems pretty quiet around here!

    Quote Originally Posted by pdub73 View Post
    I can deal with it if it's a bug and wait till the next update corrects it I may still try a hard reset and see if that helps, I have a lot of things to back up and it takes time so if I can avoid a hard reset It would be easier.... I'll keep reading and see if the memory issue is just my phone or a common problem...

    Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Yes, start a thread or search for an old one on a Facebook issue. There must be others out there. I have to get back to work.

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    I know nothing. Caution: I can edit and delete for no reason.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Seems pretty quiet around here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    Could you guys keep it down? Trying to get some sleep here!
    I totally agree with this post....LMAO!!!
    Thanked by:
    BBSeattle likes this.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Seems pretty quiet around here!

    NO PROBLEMS here either. Everything seems to be a little bit BETTER. I'm satisfied with the KitKat update.
    Thanked by:
    BBSeattle and Lefty Drummer like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 4.4.3 IS here!
    By jj14x in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 06-06-2014, 05:09 PM
  2. New here!
    By The Elf in forum Introductions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-05-2014, 01:32 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-02-2014, 10:09 PM
  4. Tasker Help... Enable quiet mode but allow notification lights still?
    By jgordon00 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-31-2014, 09:15 PM
  5. FYI: Samsung plans an event 'around health' for May 28th
    By LowIQ in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 Neo
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-28-2014, 07:50 PM

Posting Permissions