Wireless battery cover bulk

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking about using my coupon at Samsung to get a wireless battery cover for my note 3. It mentions in the description that when installed the cover will result in a very slight increase in the overall size of the device.

For those who have this cover just how much of an increase would you say there is?

Notes from Deb's Note 3

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Do you find it charges rather quickly? For example slower or faster than the included charging cable that came with the phone?

I'm also wondering from those who use this kind of device charger if you notice any discoloration on the backside of the devices you charged with that?

Notes from Deb's Note 3

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Do you find it charges rather quickly? For example slower or faster than the included charging cable that came with the phone?

I'm also wondering from those who use this kind of device charger if you notice any discoloration on the backside of the devices you charged with that?

Notes from Deb's Note 3

The difference is about 1/16th of an inch. Because the wireless back is sloped at the edges like the original back it is actually easier to pick it up off of a flat surface. The wireless back is not flexible like the original back so you can't "peel" it off but must work a finger nail or credit card around the periphery to remove it.
It charges very fast but only if you use the Samsung charging pad. This is not a conspiracy however, the Samsung branded charging pad is the only one I have found that has a 2 amp output. All the other charging pads, stands, etc. that I have found in my searching have an output range of 700 to 1000 mAmps (0,7 to 1.0 amps). These will charge the Note 3 but only if it is off and you are willing to wait much longer in my experience.
I have not found any discoloration of the back (mine is black in color) nor does the phone or the charger pad ever get above room temperature to the touch.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Wireless seems to always be slower than cable. At the same time I find it more than reasonable for my needs.
I have never timed it but if I I am around 75% it takes about 30 minutes to get to 100%.
I have a wireless charger on my desk and in the car, I just drop it down on the charger and find myself rarely less than 80% battery throughout the day.

Discoloration, no.

Notes from Deb's Note 3

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The Wireless charging back definitely adds some bulk. Many cases won't fit. With regards to charging rate, somewhere around 800 ma which is about 40% of stock.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
The Wireless charging back definitely adds some bulk. Many cases won't fit. With regards to charging rate, somewhere around 800 ma which is about 40% of stock.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I have found no need for a case for the Note 3 for me. I always keep it in my shirt pocket and the engineered material used for the back has such a great tactile feel so it doesn't slip from you hand I would never cover it up. Besides, after having the S3 and S4, both of which had great design styling, I would rather have a good looking phone and honor the artists that designed it than just have another brick in my hand. Just me, but I definitely like me. ;^)

smhism

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I'm thinking about using my coupon at Samsung to get a wireless battery cover for my note 3. It mentions in the description that when installed the cover will result in a very slight increase in the overall size of the device.

For those who have this cover just how much of an increase would you say there is?

Notes from Deb's Note 3

To put it in some perspective, it adds enough bulk that the camera lens is ever so slightly recessed from the back cover. No case I've tried has fit it except for a bumper case that just goes along the outer edge. As far as speed of charging, I charge mine over night so I don't notice how long it really takes, but it would be a bit slower than using the cable charger that came with it. Also, I've no issues taking the wireless cover off simply by prying it up as I did the original cover.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Adrianb72

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I have found no need for a case for the Note 3 for me. I always keep it in my shirt pocket and the engineered material used for the back has such a great tactile feel so it doesn't slip from you hand I would never cover it up. Besides, after having the S3 and S4, both of which had great design styling, I would rather have a good looking phone and honor the artists that designed it than just have another brick in my hand. Just me, but I definitely like me. ;^)

This. I love the feel of the phone now with the wireless charging cover. Perfect weight. Great tactile feel. Too pretty to cover up. Also, no Verizon logo!

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
This. I love the feel of the phone now with the wireless charging cover. Perfect weight. Great tactile feel. Too pretty to cover up. Also, no Verizon logo!

Amen to no Verizon logo. And as you indicated the Verizon back cover was much more "slippery" than any other brand version.

crazed_z06

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I have one. In fact, you're probably reading the review I left on there.

I should revise my review because it adds a noticeable increase in size. It's not huge, but it's noticeable enough that I no longer use it :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy