Where is the Google Navigation GPS icon?

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
EDIT: By the way, have you guys tried the updated Maps for driving navigation? Lane assistance is now available in the new version. Shows you which lanes you should drive on for upcoming exit. Works well, I just used it past weekend. Plus the new version shows both countdown timer of arrival plus approximate time of arrival. The interface is now different, and you now have to press the bottom of the screen to show turn by turn direction info (which is easier), whereas before you had to go through a menu selection.

EDIT: Thanks guys! I shouldn't have to spend 15 minutes searching for something that has existed for a long time only to find out it doesn't exist anymore, haha!

I shouldn't even have to ask this. But where is the familiar blue triangle for the Google GPS Navigation icon?? Can't find it anywhere. Even checked the Google folder.

Last edited:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
There isn't one out of the box on the Note 3. I do remember seeing it probably on other Android devices, so I know what you mean. Trying to think if I saw you can create one here, but in the meantime it's just Maps - where if you leave the navigation screen while active, you will have the blue arrow icon on the notification panel and shade - to resume.

I doubt Verizon has changed that.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yup. Navigation is combined with maps now.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I just say ok google navigate to....and say where i want to go. I didn't find the app in the phone either so this is how I do it.