google play TV and Movie files, where are they stored?

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
You can set it in the app to either download on the SD card or internal memory. On the card it will be at /storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.google.android.videos/files/ and internal memory at the corresponding location.

If you download MX Player, I have yet to find a file type it could not handle, so you should expect to be able to play most if not all formats with that. The stock player is much more limited.

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
If I recall on JB, I had to install Astro File viewer to see the actual folder because stock file viewer and Polaris wouldn't show it. Is it viewable in kitkat through stock file viewers?

from "Ms Note 3"

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
If I recall on JB, I had to install Astro File viewer to see the actual folder because stock file viewer and Polaris wouldn't show it. Is it viewable in kitkat through stock file viewers?

from "Ms Note 3"

The "My Files" app has the option to show hidden files. You can navigate to the folder and view them but in that app it does not give you the option to choose how to open the file and the file will not open with the default app.

I used X-Plore and can choose to open the file with MX Player and it plays fine. But most people will be better off just using the Play Movie app to play it. Just like with Play Music, the files saved to the device are not saved with the name of the movie/show/song but with a random filename. Also, with the movie files they are stored in multiple folders. For example, subtitles are in separate folders. The average user will be too confused or frustrated to bother figuring out what to play and how to play it.

However, that is where to find them and they can indeed be manually played from that folder if you use a 3rd party file explorer and 3rd party video player. Or you could copy it all over to your computer and sort it all out and rename them and integrate them correctly.

Peaches36

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I can't find any movies on my SD card.. From Google play or Samsung Hub.. I set the default memory to my SD card.

Sent from the yummy gum drop GN3..

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
If you went to the location I specified using a file explorer set to show hidden files and you do not see anything there, then you did not successfully download any movies to your SD card from Google Play Movies.

For Samsung Hub, although I have not purchased any movies there, they should be in the hidden folder .samsungvideohub

Edit: I just downloaded a video from Samsung to my SD Card and confirmed that it is in the above location on the SD card and is playable from there in both the stock video player and MX Player.

Last edited:

Peaches36

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I finally found the movies on my SD card. I took the card from my Note 3 and put it in my Note pro. The movies from Samsung Hub won't play. I downloaded My Player and it still won't play.

Sent from the yummy gum drop GN3..

HavocX

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to convert/combine the .exo files to a type that can be played? Or to make the movies I bought more mobile.