anyone prefer stock Samsung keyboard over SwiftKey keyboard?

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
The deal breaker for me is that SwiftKey does not have handwriting recognition, so I use stock. Until the update today SwiftKey also did not have the number row up top which was another big plus for the stock keyboard. But the lack of handwriting makes SwiftKey unusable for me with the Note 3.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
If the choice was between the two you mention, I would certainly pick the Samsung keyboard. But Swiftkey is the superior keyboard available and now with the upgrade to version 5 with the options of a separate top row of number keys, the Enter key always being the Enter key, and a whole bunch of new keyboard themes Swiftkey is even farther ahead of the rest of the field.

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
The deal breaker for me is that SwiftKey does not have handwriting recognition, so I use stock. Until the update today SwiftKey also did not have the number row up top which was another big plus for the stock keyboard. But the lack of handwriting makes SwiftKey unusable for me with the Note 3.

that's exactly what I was thinking... I use handwriting on the stock Samsung keyboard on a daily basis. Using the SwiftKey keyboard makes switching too much trouble.... :(

dagold99

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I like the stock keyboard because of the number keys but also because the microphone button is easier to access than on swiftkey. It is so easy to simply press the microphone button and dictate a text to someone.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Swiftkey for me. I tried others but always moved back to Swiftkey

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Swiftkey for me. I tried others but always moved back to Swiftkey

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Based on the above responses(100% love for SwiftKey), am I correct in assuming that most Note 3 owners don't bother using the stylus for handwriting? That's the number one reason I have the phone....

zeuswsu

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
Based on the above responses(100% love for SwiftKey), am I correct in assuming that most Note 3 owners don't bother using the stylus for handwriting? That's the number one reason I have the phone....
I would think that would be the case. I'm a SwiftKey user as well.

Do you use the stylus for text messaging? It seems to me it would be slower than typing on the keyboard.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

JCH76

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I just installed swift key but the only thing I'm having an issue with is when I include an emoji the SMS turns into MMS and I'm wondering why? I have a Note 3

Posted via Android Central App

jdwx

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I just installed swift key but the only thing I'm having an issue with is when I include an emoji the SMS turns into MMS and I'm wondering why? I have a Note 3

Posted via Android Central App

Probably because it's a graphic of some sort. Could just use text based smileys and it wouldn't do that. Not real hip to emoji in general since they don't always show up properly in different phones/OS/SMS Apps. etc...

But, in particular, I'm not digging the new emoji update with Swiftkey in Handcent. Changed the way the smiley button functions compared to other text entry fields. Irritating to remember the difference.

As for this thread, I use Swiftkey (non cloud). Not much for the stock KB, but I would like to have handwriting entry. :-/

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I've tried both, but stick with the Google keyboard. My muscle memory for the punctuation at the top is too set at this point to change.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol