Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Uughh.. The Worst Thing about new Battery Drain

Arrgh.. the worst thing about the battery drain on Kit Kat is apps like betterbatterystats and wakelockdetector dont work the same anymore. So it's virtually impossible to track down wtf is going on.

So annoying

Default Re: Uughh.. The Worst Thing about new Battery Drain

That's true. But with some good detective work (along with some random luck), you may be able to figure it out with the tools you have available. Can you give us a few details of when and how your battery issues are occurring? In the meantime, review this guide, if you haven't already: [Guide] Battery Saving Tips
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Every since KitKat updgrade, Android OS and Android System just eats battery. Ive tried factory resets, cache wipes, disabling Google Now, everything.. No dice

I know it must be some app because my battery will be great after a factory reset. Then after I download all my apps and start actually using the phone, everything goes to crap. I dont have that many apps and hardly anything is syncing. Someting is causing Android System/OS to just run constnatly though.

I dont have the patience to figure out what's causing it

I have barely used to phone today (17 mins onscreen time) and it's discharging at over 3% per hour..

If it's bad, I would recommend at keast trying 3 things that have helped me.
    Leave the sd card out for 2 or 3 days, moving the minimum of what you need to device storage.
    Turn off / disable Google +,
    and untick most sync items in Accounts - Google while sync is on (Picasa etc) .
    I also disable Google aops for music, books etc as I don't need them.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    I know nothing. Caution: I can edit and delete for no reason.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ok thanks.. Ive heard about removing the SD Card.. I do have my card filled with about 32GB of MP3s.

Quote Originally Posted by crazed_z06 View Post
    Arrgh.. the worst thing about the battery drain on Kit Kat is apps like betterbatterystats and wakelockdetector dont work the same anymore. So it's virtually impossible to track down wtf is going on.

So annoying
    If you really want to use wakelock detector you can using adb. You can do it two ways - one with a pc app and one with a terminal emulator on your phone. See the link in the description area of the app on the Play Store. I've done the non-pc app way and it works (didn't try the pc app) - but you have to do it everytime you reboot your phone. If you just want to track down a problem though that shouldn't be a problem.

Global Posts
    696 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crazed_z06 View Post
    ok thanks.. Ive heard about removing the SD Card.. I do have my card filled with about 32GB of MP3s.
    I reluctantly removed my SD card and my better life has gotten much better. Annoying though, as I'd prefer to be able to use the SD card

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

I believe one of the big differences might be signal. If you look at your signal there is a lot of yellow and grey. When you have bad/no signal that will absolutely kill your battery.