Can't access files on computer

4ringsa6

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I've installed all the drivers and reinstalled them. Manually and automatically on Windows 7. The phone just doesn't show the USB options. Where it asks connect as camera or storage device.

It just charges the phone with no options shown on the phone's notification area.

Ive used different USB and USB ports and different computers. No luck.

I'm using the USB from galaxy s4 and nexus 4. Do I have to use the original USB for note 3? (fast charing usb)

I'm trying to update my phone to kitkat and I'm unable to do so with Ota because I'm on T-Mobile so it just says software update unavailable. Kies 3 says unsupported device.

I'm on 4.3 stock rom. Can't use kies 2.6. Any help?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
See if you have a conflict in device manager on your computer. If you do, then resolve that conflict. If not, find the entry for the phone and delete/uninstall it. Then disconnect the phone. Then uninstall the drivers completely from your computer. Then reinstall the drivers again after making sure it is the current, latest file from the Samsung website. Then connect the phone again.

I personally skip the Windows update part but you can just let it install automatically if you want - just don't interrupt it then and don't try to use it for anything until all the drivers have finished installing. It will show in the tray before the install is finished but you want to just let it complete because there are multiple drivers that must be installed for it to work properly. Then make sure again there is no conflict in device manager and that the phone is showing up properly there.

Do not have Kies running at all until after all drivers are fully installed for your phone and your phone is recognized by your computer properly and showing the USB options.

4ringsa6

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I have done that. I've tried the same thing on my tab 3 8.0 and it found its dr8vers automatically and kies was able to det3vt the device. But my note will not work.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk