Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Kit Kat data reception?

Just curious, how is the data reception for those of you on Kit Kat (particularly if you're on a VZN Note 3)?

I have been having data issues in ALL areas around the city and suburbs within the last month or so where the most bars of data I'll get is usually 3 when I used to get 5 especially while outdoors. This is the sole reason that I am about to upgrade to 4.4 but just want to make sure that it will (or at least "should") fix the problem. If many of you already on 4.4 however are STILL having data issues it will at least then let me know that Kit Kat may not be the answer.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Batman8888; 06-17-2014 at 06:37 PM.

Default Re: Kit Kat data reception?

I don't have any data issues, but I didn't really see improvement in signal with KitKat.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Moved -
    I know nothing.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks Dpham00 for the reply!

Quote Originally Posted by Batman8888 View Post
    Just curious, how is the data reception for those of you on Kit Kat (particularly if you're on a VZN Note 3)?

I have been having data issues in ALL areas around the city and suburbs within the last month or so where the most bars of data I'll get is usually 3 when I used to get 5 especially while outdoors. This is the sole reason that I am about to upgrade to 4.4 but just want to make sure that it will (or at least "should") fix the problem. If many of you already on 4.4 however are STILL having data issues it will at least then let me know that Kit Kat may not be the answer.

Thanks.
    My husband and I both have Note 3's running kit kat on Verizon. We have no problems with data at all. We didn't have problems whilst on JB either.

Sarks.

Posted via Android Central App

I am running KitKat on my Note 3 on the Verizon network and I have found no problem with data reception!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size Does Matter!"
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks to all for your replies. I finally went ahead and upgraded to Kit Kat yesterday and I'm STILL finding that I only get around 3 bars for data when I used to get 5! Now I'm not sure at all what this may be caused by, but it's really pissing me off because it's slowing me down (sometimes I get no signal at all if in a bad area).

Maybe Verizon has made some changes on their end and just won't admit it when I call them to troubleshoot.

I don't know if I would blame the phone. I'm in Dallas and Verizon has went from good to mediocre 4G coverage over last couple of years. Motorola Razr and Samsung N3, didnt matter, Couldn't keep a 4G signal in town. That map with all the red is good advertising but I'm 3g more often than 4G around town. I remember reading an article where Verizon was having some issues keeping up in certain areas. I have a ATT N3 as my personal phone and I'm 4G lte 99% of the time. Now, if I'm out in the country, I'll have data on my Verizon long after I've lost data on Att. Speed or coverage, can't always have the best of both worlds.

Posted via Android Central App

It could be Verizon repositioning the antennas. I noticed a substantial drop when they did this. Also, Verizon could have recently deployed xlte in your area which might cause you to decrease signal strength.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

No issues before or after kit Kat.
    I have had radio issues with phones before. Had the phones replaced and reception issues were gone.
    I would not be surprised if you had a hardware issue.