Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts

Default external speaker vs cell-phone speaker

My wife and I both have Verizon GN3s and both of us are experiencing a weird volume/speaker issue.

We start the Google Maps and then Navigator, and then the volume is super quiet. This happens on both GN3s even if we push the slide volume buttons. With the volume at maximum, we still can't hear it. This is a new volume level, it's not like we suddenly got a new car with new cabin noise. The new max volume level is really quiet. My theory is that the OS gets confused and it thinks we are sending audio through the headphones or something. The directions are usually given with a fairly loud speakerphone-eque voice.

If we restart our phones, then the volume goes back to normal--speakerphone-eque volume. It is some kind of glitch that happens sometimes. Anybody else had something like that happen? I hate having to soft-restart my phone when I'm trying to hurry up and drive somewhere.