VZW Tempered glass screen protector?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I need a new screen protector. (i think) Am I better off with VZW glass or VZW plastic screen protector. Cannot buy one from internet because I cannot put it on myself.

Sent from my Hyperdriven Note 3

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I need a new screen protector. (i think) Am I better off with VZW glass or VZW plastic screen protector. Cannot buy one from internet because I cannot put it on myself.

I really like the glass protector. I purchased the Verizon one and they did an awesome job putting it on for me. My husband went back to get one on his phone and a different employee did a horrible job applying it. He told him to please try again or get someone else to do it. They took it in the back and came out 5 minutes later with it perfect. I know people say sometimes Verizon doesn't like to put them on but I've never had an issue with the nice employees at my local store. I've had my glass protector on since January and it's still prefect

sent from my Note 3

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Glue, I bought my tempered glass off eBay. Not hard to out on, you just need to clean the screen and wash your hands. The M8 is rectangular so it's just matching it up. But if Verizon is installing it for free, go for it

Sent from my AT&T HTC One M8 via Tapatalk.

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
And removing it is not advisable as you might not be able to reuse it. But removing it won't hurt nothing except the protector.

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
The glue is not like you think, it's doesn't leave a residue when removed. But the shield is less sticky, I cracked my one protector and had to replace it. It saved the screen, and when I removed it, all I did was to clean the screen and install the replacement. Love the feel of glass a lot better than the plastic.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed since I took off my plastic screen protector the native glass screen is always covered with fingerprints

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Mine did not need any glue. I did have to lift the corner of the one on my tablet about 3 times to get it positioned right. This resulted in the one corner that I'd lifted not totally resealing after the third try. However being that its in a corner and is my tablet it doesn't bother me and its not physical at all when the screen is on.

I have put these tempered glass screen protectors on three phones. I clean the area around where I'm going to be applying the screen protector and I get everything ready and laid out in front of me. I wash and run my hands thoroughly. The tempered glass screen protectors that I used on these phones ***** came with a little alcohol wipe which I did use to clean the screen but I also after washing my hands poured some alcohol over them and allowed them to air dry so that I didn't get any towel fuzz or oil from my skin on anything.

I find the tempered glass screen protectors easier to put on than the more common types of screen protectors. For me they're a bit easier to install on a phone than a tablet. Now that I have tried the tempered glass screen protectors I have no desire to go back to the old style.

Notes from Deb's 2014 Note 10.1

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, but as I said I cannot put it on myself. VZW store girl said they would put it on for me when they're not so busy.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Would not even consider putting a plastic protector on this phone. I have the Verizon glass one and it is great and I have dropped it face down on rough iron without a scratch.

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Nice to hear from people. Sounds like no disadvantages?

I got the Verizon person to put mine on too because I know I'd mess it up like I have done in the past! So with the discount I get from them it was well worth the $.

Posted via Android Central App

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Mine did not need any glue.

Notes from Deb's 2014 Note 10.1

Ok maybe my term glue was a misunderstanding. Let's separate the two kinds,

The plastic or rubbery sheets use static cling to hold the screen protector on. Therefore no need for glue.

The tempered glass can't use static to hold it on, so one side is sticky. The manufacture put a real fine glue on it already, so you don't add any glue.

Hopefully this clears it up a bit.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I have the VZW tempered glass protector on my N3 and they installed it.
For the money, you can't beat it! Mine has performed flawlessly now for 6 months!👍😉

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size Does Matter!"

Mst99

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I have the Verizon screen protector. The store did the install for free when I bought my s5. It's a great protector imo. I left Verizon and ordered a luvvitt one for my tmo s5. It cracked at the home button after a few days. I removed it and went to Verizon and bought theirs again. I installed it easily with no dust or bubbles. Highly recommend their brand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34