Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Kit Kat - Set Favorite Apps?

I just recently upgraded my Vzw Note 3 to run rooted KK 4.4.2 (NC2) and now am noticing that when on the lock screen you can swipe the top portion of the screen to the left and get to an area with 16 of your "favorite apps." However, I can not find a way to set any of these apps to be what I want! There is a small pencil icon that shows on the lower right corner of this screen and if you tap it, it then lets you REMOVE any of the pre-chosen apps, which I can do with no problem, I just can't add anything. The bottom row is blank by default and each position in that row shows a plus sign "+" as if you can just hit it and add whatever app you want to that position, but when I hit the plus NOTHING HAPPENS! I hit it tons of times and it never lets me add/change any of the apps that are already there, just remove them.

Can anyone tell me how to add/change these apps? Am I missing something, or is this a bug in KK?

Thx.
    jpr

Global Posts
    1,702 Global Posts

Default Re: Kit Kat - Set Favorite Apps?

On my TMO Note3 it takes around 10 seconds after hitting the + button for the app list to come up. But then after it finally does, I can add an app and it will work. See if just hitting a + button once and then waiting without hitting it again makes a difference.
    Jalopiejoe likes this.