Touch screen/buttons stops working

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Starting about 4 or 5 days ago, I have this problem once every day.

I'll make a phone call and when it's time to hang up, the touch screen goes dead - everything seems to be displayed OK, but nothing is functional. I can't hang up and the call persists. It's especially annoying when leaving a voice mail, as I can't end it.

Sometimes I'll answer a call by swiping, talk and then when I go to hang up, see that the swipe-screen is still displayed - the screen seems to have hung up in the middle of the swipe to answer the call.

If I reboot, everything is back to normal - until the next day, when it starts all over again.

I don't know of any new apps (other than updates) - anyone have any ideas on this?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Starting about 4 or 5 days ago, I have this problem once every day.

I'll make a phone call and when it's time to hang up, the touch screen goes dead - everything seems to be displayed OK, but nothing is functional. I can't hang up and the call persists. It's especially annoying when leaving a voice mail, as I can't end it.

Sometimes I'll answer a call by swiping, talk and then when I go to hang up, see that the swipe-screen is still displayed - the screen seems to have hung up in the middle of the swipe to answer the call.

If I reboot, everything is back to normal - until the next day, when it starts all over again.

I don't know of any new apps (other than updates) - anyone have any ideas on this?

Did you get an OS update? If so have you done a cache clear in recovery or a reset?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Got KitKat when it first came out - this started well after that. Did a cache clear in recover mode a few days ago. Haven't done a "reset" (not sure what you mean by that).

A reset as in a factory reset. This will remove all apps and make the device seem like it it turning on for the first time. Sometimes, with a major OS update, this is necessary. I can understand any hesitation about having to set up your device all over again. If you do choose to do this, I would back everything up you don't want to lose; contacts, pictures, etc, just in case.