- 212 Posts
Boot to recovery mode
Lately, my phone will not got to the recovery screen when I power off and hold "power, volume up, and home key. I saw the alternate way was to press all three keys except"volume down" instead of up. I get this screen and just want to know if I should continue. I just let it reboot to avoid any problems.
I just want to do the occasional clear cache.
from "Ms Note 3"
- 06-24-2014, 10:51 AM #2
- 06-24-2014, 03:01 PM #3
- 06-24-2014, 03:21 PM #4
Re: Boot to recovery mode
You should just cancel from that screen and reboot. Pressing the down Volume key instead of the up key gets you into download mode, not recovery mode. Download mode is for flashing ROMs, etc.
I'm assuming your Up volume key works normally when the phone is fully booted? If it does and it's not a hardware problem, then I have only heard of people having the problem you are having when they are rooted and have messed up their recovery. Are you rooted? If not, try removing your battery for 5 minutes and see if it makes a difference.
You can also get into recovery mode using adb and debugging mode. If you don't already have it installed on your computer and know how to use it, that may seem like more trouble than it is worth to you though. But it's not hard. Just read any of the many tutorials online. Once you know how to use it, it's easy to get into recovery. But you should ideally figure out what is wrong with your phone.
- 06-24-2014, 03:43 PM #6
- 06-27-2014, 06:04 AM #7
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-26-2014, 09:14 PM
- By lovebug170 in forum Sprint Galaxy S3Replies: 3Last Post: 06-30-2014, 10:09 AM
- By mgovindanv in forum OnePlus OneReplies: 2Last Post: 06-25-2014, 09:35 PM
- By Nick DeJohn Jr in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 9Last Post: 06-25-2014, 01:01 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-24-2014, 11:53 AM