Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bluetooth Headset Button S Voice Replaced by Google Now - Reenable S Voice

Hi,
    My Bluetooth headset button, when passed, used to open Samsung S Voice. Now it's somehow defaulted to Google Now. How do I switch it back?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Bluetooth Headset Button S Voice Replaced by Google Now - Reenable S Voice

I ran into the same thing, and it seems to have been caused by an update to Google Search. See this thread I started on this, where I document other problems with Bluetooth performance after this update:

Flaky Bluetooth Headset Behavior since KitKat

The solution seems to be to go to Settings...Application Manager... and remove the recent update. You then either have to deactivate Auto-Update for this App, done through the Play Store, using the Soft Menu button, or to completely turn off Google Search in Application Manager.

I did the latter, and the only unwelcome change is the loss of the Microphone input key from my keyboard (for example to text without typing). I may turn it back on, and prevent the Auto-Update if this becomes too much of a problem (which it really isn't right now).

Hope this helps.

Don