Never had legendary "Note" battery life

4ringsa6

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I've owned this phone for 2 months (used) the battery life is just horrible. I'm hardly getting 2 hours SOT.

I updated to kitkat and did roughly 3-4 factory reset. Still nothing. Android os and Android system are eating up my battery uploadfromtaptalk1403914018986.jpg

What can I do? Is this a faulty battery or s9ftware issue?

uploadfromtaptalk1403913995109.jpg
yhybehej.jpg

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
You have owned the phone for 2 months....
But how old is the phone?
Give us something to start with! ☺👌

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size Does Matter!"

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Kitkat destroyed my Note 3, I'm sorry to say. I did 2 resets, to no avail. Apps I never got installed themselves, the phone slowed down to a crawl, I could no longer email pics, I could not receive emails or open them if I received them and my battery life tanked.
I looked in my settings and found out Android was using 60% of my battery, which is why it went from 100% to 30% in less than 2 hours.

I ended up retiring it and got a Blackberry.
So far, I still love my tablet (galaxy note pro) but I fear the next software update.
I strongly believe that a device works best with the software it shipped out with (my Note 3 was flawless on Jellybean) so when Kitkat gets updated to whatever candy bar that's coming after it, I fear that my Note Pro will go the way of the dinosaurs.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I don't know what to tell you except if your phone is a few months old, I would replace the battery!
I changed mine after 5 months. I don't think KitKat made much difference on my phone. I have used my phone alot today and here's what my battery looks like! 😉

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size Does Matter!"

Attachments

• 1403918731701.jpg
    1403918731701.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 88

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
You had an hour screen on time, but had almost 3 hours of calls. While using the phone as a "phone" won't use as much battery as the screen it will use some battery. What is screen brightness at? On LTE or WiFi? How's your signal? Google now on? GPS on?
There are many factors that affect battery life.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

4ringsa6

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I got the phone used. No telling how old it is. All I know it is less than a year as Samsung replaced the screen under warranty.

Google now is turned off. Most of Verizon and Google bloatware is turned off. This phone is mostly used on WiFi. Brightness is always at low or sometimes 15%

GPS is off. Signal is strong.

Are the aftermarket eBay battery worth a darn? They are quite affordable at $5 a battery. Don't care much for NFC.

Had some problem on 4.3. This is the reason I wanted to upgrade but it seems to have made it worse. It's mostly the Android os and system that I think is the culprit. The battery is still slender and new looking. Not swollen.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I got the phone used. No telling how old it is. All I know it is less than a year as Samsung replaced the screen under warranty.

Google now is turned off. Most of Verizon and Google bloatware is turned off. This phone is mostly used on WiFi. Brightness is always at low or sometimes 15%

GPS is off. Signal is strong.

Are the aftermarket eBay battery worth a darn? They are quite affordable at $5 a battery. Don't care much for NFC.

Had some problem on 4.3. This is the reason I wanted to upgrade but it seems to have made it worse. It's mostly the Android os and system that I think is the culprit. The battery is still slender and new looking. Not swollen.

Spend a few extra bucks and buy an Anker for $9. It's not much of an investment to see if that battery has gone bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

exdrinker

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
58% after 22 hours? Two full days of battery life with heavy phone use is horrible? Unless I am reading something wrong I suggest you go back to a dumb phone if you need more.

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm lost here from the pictures you show you are 20+ hours and still 50%+ left after having an hour of the screen being on and almost 3 hours of voice calls? I'm sorry but that's actually really good I don't see where the problem is here.

donc13

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I've owned this phone for 2 months (used) the battery life is just horrible. I'm hardly getting 2 hours SOT.

I updated to kitkat and did roughly 3-4 factory reset. Still nothing. Android os and Android system are eating up my battery View attachment 125308

What can I do? Is this a faulty battery or s9ftware issue?

View attachment 125307http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/28/yhybehej.jpg

You still hae 58% left after 21 hours of use. You have 3 hrs on phone calls.

Why do you think thats bad?

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk

4ringsa6

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
It has been on for 22 hours but it's barely been used. The calls were made thru Bluetooth / some thru phone. A phone can stand by for more than 4 days. But look at the SOT. In 1 day of use, only 45 min SOT.

I was using my LG G2 and managed to average 4 hours SOT with 1.5hrs talk. From what I hear, the note was suppose to outlast the g2, therefore I thought there was something at fault here.

Also before I gave this to my mom, I was using it. When I used it, I barely got 2.5 hrs SOT with talk less than 1hr. Charging every night. So standby was around 10-12 hours.

I did some research and some people posted pics of 5 hours screen time...

donc13

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
It has been on for 22 hours but it's barely been used. The calls were made thru Bluetooth / some thru phone. A phone can stand by for more than 4 days. But look at the SOT. In 1 day of use, only 45 min SOT.

I was using my LG G2 and managed to average 4 hours SOT with 1.5hrs talk. From what I hear, the note was suppose to outlast the g2, therefore I thought there was something at fault here.

Also before I gave this to my mom, I was using it. When I used it, I barely got 2.5 hrs SOT with talk less than 1hr. Charging every night. So standby was around 10-12 hours.

Bluetooth doesn't make calls....it allows you to use an external device as the speaker and microphone. The radio in the phone is doing the actual connect to the tower, and the lower the signal, the more power required. Using bluetooth for phone calls actually raises the power needed because the phone's bluetooth radio has to be on.

The picts you posted show 32% of the battery was used by phonecalls. That translates into about 9hrs talk time, that is not bad.

Your screen used 5% of your battery in 45 minutes use. That translates to 15 HOURS of screen on time available.

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

You are not going to get 5 hours screen on time AND 4 days of standby. There are many factors that decide battery life: screen brightness, GPS, mobile signal, bluetooth devices, WiFi signal, apps that use background data, email sync, Google Now, etc.

For now I would say turn off location (only use when needed), turn off WiFi always scanning, reduce screen brightness (if it is turned up), and turn off Google Now, if you use it.

ScKalbe

Banned
May 9, 2013
Visit site
I went to my local Verizon store on Tuesday, a rep there told me that they are working on a patch to fix the battery life issue.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21