chromecast

biceonthego

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a note 3. I cant get video to play on the chromecast only audio. I have tried 2 chromecast with allcast, avia, and castaway. I still cant get it to work with my phone. Chromecast works with a pc. Any advice would be appreciated.

Posted via Android Central App

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
You could try resetting the Chromecast by holding the button down for 20secs. It will reset it to factory.

I had this problem with my second TV when I tried switching. For me I had to open the CEC menu on the TV and connect to the Chromecast. That fixed it immediately.

donc13

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a note 3. I cant get video to play on the chromecast only audio. I have tried 2 chromecast with allcast, avia, and castaway. I still cant get it to work with my phone. Chromecast works with a pc. Any advice would be appreciated.

The Chromecast doesn't receive thru your phone, your phone is simply a remote control that sends stop/start, forward/reverse and what to watch. The Chromecast itself uses its WiFi connection to get the video from the source (Netflix, Hulu, whatever). So if you've turned off the video on your phone...it'll turn it off in the Chromecast too.

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk

biceonthego

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
The Chromecast doesn't receive thru your phone, your phone is simply a remote control that sends stop/start, forward/reverse and what to watch. The Chromecast itself uses its WiFi connection to get the video from the source (Netflix, Hulu, whatever). So if you've turned off the video on your phone...it'll turn it off in the Chromecast too.

I am trying to play my personal videos and movies loaded on my phone. Netflix, youtube and all that works fine. If you can think of anything else please let me know.

biceonthego

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
You could try resetting the Chromecast by holding the button down for 20secs. It will reset it to factory.

I had this problem with my second TV when I tried switching. For me I had to open the CEC menu on the TV and connect to the Chromecast. That fixed it immediately.

I tried the reset. It did not work. I have a visio (poor mans big screen). Its my first wall mount. I dont know what the cec is.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
If it's not using a supported codec, the videos will need to be cast from a source that does transcoding. If you have a server or something you can use as a media server, I suggest Plex. If you can't or don't want to set it up yourself, you could try Real Player Cloud. Otherwise, you will need to convert the videos yourself to a support format.

donc13

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to play my personal videos and movies loaded on my phone. Netflix, youtube and all that works fine. If you can think of anything else please let me know.

I know Avia works presuming it has the right CODEX for how your files are stored

mrmoe110

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site

Just FYI, no matter which media player you use (Allcast, Avia, Plex, built-in, etc) in my experience mp4 files work best when streaming with Chromecast or even my X360