Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hghlndr
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default confused about Google Search 3.5xxx

Okay so call me a not so smart Smartphone user.... read after the new Google Search app updates on our phones, we'll have the capabilities of having Google Now search from any screen by simply saying the words: 'Ok Google', even when the phone is at rest through the lock screen, as it'll be always listening. Hmm... my update was this morning and I noticed the Google Play Services is also at 3.5xx. Under Google Now's settings>voice I still only have the option to connect to it from it's home screen! No other settings available as seen on other carriers note 3.
    Has anyone got this to work on their VZW note 3? Thanks in advance.

Posted via Android Central App
    Breathe... you'll feel better!
    GalaxyNote3/S4;RazrHD/Maxx;Droid3/2;Z6c/tv;E815;V710;V60s/i;EricssonT39m;StarTac7868/7860;MicroTacElite;UltraClassic II

Default Re: confused about Google Search 3.5xxx

its still rolling out to users on the server side.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks!
    Know if it'll be a play store update or a behind the scenes update as the settings will have to be configurable.
    Peace

GalaxyNote3/S4;RazrHD/Maxx;Droid3/2;Z6c/tv;E815;V710;V60s/i;EricssonT39m;StarTac7868/7860;MicroTacElite;UltraClassic II
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Just have to give an update, I went to another post regarding Google now in a different forum and found this. Do it; it works right now instantaneously.
    It started the settings so I could see them and configure my phone to work. Awesomeness.... Thanks Slappy McGee!
    "I think I might have figured out how to get it. I didn't have it yet, so I searched on my phone for "OK Google lock screen"and found this link.
    https://support.google.com/websearch.../6031948?hl=en After visiting I went back into the settings and had the extra settings."

Thanked by:
    aqwesd 
    aqwesd likes this.

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hghlndr View Post
    Just have to give an update, I went to another post regarding Google now in a different forum and found this. Do it; it works right now instantaneously.
    It started the settings so I could see them and configure my phone to work. Awesomeness.... Thanks Slappy McGee!
    "I think I might have figured out how to get it. I didn't have it yet, so I searched on my phone for "OK Google lock screen"and found this link.
    https://support.google.com/websearch.../6031948?hl=en After visiting I went back into the settings and had the extra settings."

That actually worked.... lol