Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bertsirkin
  • 1 Post By z06mike
  • 2 Post By ansa82
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Camera

    Why does this happen? Lately it's been happening often. A picture that was perfectly fine in my gallery all of a sudden is half gone? ?

    sent from my Note 3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Camera-1404614121890.jpg  
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by ansa82 View Post
    Why does this happen? Lately it's been happening often. A picture that was perfectly fine in my gallery all of a sudden is half gone? ?

    sent from my Note 3
    This might be a software bug
    tried different image viewing apps and see whether the problem still exist
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Camera

    And also, low memory can cause this issue. And sometimes it happens if there is substantially large file in your phone. It may be a video file or any other file. I don't know reason behind it, but this problem was solved by removing a huge file from my friends phone.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Vivek5488 View Post
    And also, low memory can cause this issue. And sometimes it happens if there is substantially large file in your phone. It may be a video file or any other file. I don't know reason behind it, but this problem was solved by removing a huge file from my friends phone.
    What kind of a large file? I've not had anything new installed. I've got plenty of memory also.

    sent from my Note 3
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Camera

    It might be a file (larger than 1 gb) which your phone cannot open or read.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by ansa82 View Post
    What kind of a large file? I've not had anything new installed. I've got plenty of memory also.

    sent from my Note 3
    Where should I look? Downloads?

    sent from my Note 3
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Vivek5488 View Post
    It might be a file (larger than 1 gb) which your phone cannot open or read.
    Also odd I notice in the small preview pics the picture is intact but in the larger viewed pic half is gone. This morning I got up, and my phone said my SD card had been unmounted?! No it hasn't. It was laying down in one spot charging all night long!

    sent from my Note 3
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Camera

    This is odd? I'm not aware of using any media right now?

    sent from my Note 3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Camera-1404650279766.jpg  
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Camera

    Move some of pics to internal memory n remove the memory card, reboot phone n see. This will confirm whether reason lies in memory card or not.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Camera

    Regarding your 2 threads on related issues, I started getting 'sd card unexpectedly removed' notifications, always shortly followed by a 'preparing sd card' notification. The card had worked fine in 2 phones for over a year. I put a 2gb card in from my dumb phone and it worked fine.
    I have left the card out altogether for now. I saved data to a pc, and the phone still recognised the card data.
    It's probably a card fault.

    Odd that it loads half the picture in that way.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Camera

    I'm guessing that it's corruption on the SD card. Put the card in a desktop computer, and see what it looks like.
    yarnsrj likes this.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Camera

    Your SD card may be going bad. This is something that is unfortunate with memory cards. They can only be read/written so many times before they go kaboom. I would say this is the issue. Chances are that the pics that are bad (like the one you posted) will not be able to be saved. Transfer anything you need from that card to your computer just to be safe.
    yarnsrj likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by z06mike View Post
    Your SD card may be going bad. This is something that is unfortunate with memory cards. They can only be read/written so many times before they go kaboom. I would say this is the issue. Chances are that the pics that are bad (like the one you posted) will not be able to be saved. Transfer anything you need from that card to your computer just to be safe.
    Yep you are right. It was going bad and it's gone! I discovered yesterday my pics are all gone. Thank heaven for the cloud! Neither phone nor pc will read anything on the sd card. Can't reformat or anything. Gonna get a new one. Thanks for help! Have a great weekend!

    sent from my Note 3
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by heydjbobby74#AC View Post
    How often do you reboot your device? Often times people think these devices can just stay on forever. My own wife reboots her GS3 maybe once a month. By practice, I reboot mine every night just before going to bed. This helps to shut everything down. Hope this helps. As far as your camera gallery only showing half the pic, if you look at the same pic on your PC or mac, I'm sure you'll see it in full. This happens to my GN3 from time to time. I have no idea why but it does. I suggest transferring the pic off your device onto your computer. Best of luck!
    Thanks. Yeah your right, I leave it on often and only restart about once a week. Anyways my SD card went bad. That may have been the culprit. When I tried to view the pics on my computer it wouldn't even read the sd card at all so no pics. I'm going to try a recovery program someone told me about but they're in the cloud anyways. Thanks for your input.

    sent from my Note 3

Similar Threads

  1. Selfie camera not working for HTC one M8.
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-03-2016, 02:22 PM
  2. Nexus 7 (2013) doesn't turn on and camera doesn't work either
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-02-2014, 01:04 AM
  3. Moto G Slow Camera
    By BuJ_14 in forum Moto G (2013)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-06-2014, 11:15 AM
  4. Stock camera and third party camera apps won't open
    By kaylatronnn in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2014, 08:51 PM
  5. Camera issue
    By berryabusr88 in forum Motorola Droid Ultra
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2014, 03:38 PM

Posting Permissions