Media using up battery?

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
My music program is closed. I can't figure out what "media" is using up so much battery? I reinstalled battery doctor and it's not finding anything either?

sent from my Note 3

Attachments

• 1404651867545.jpg
    1404651867545.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 21

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My music program is closed. I can't figure out what "media" is using up so much battery? I reinstalled battery doctor and it's not finding anything either?

sent from my Note 3

Well, you can tap on the Media to bring up what services are classified under it. However, your phone has only been unplugged for 17 minutes with a 4% drain, and the media is accountable for almost 2%. Could you enclose a screenshot when you are closer to 70% drained? Then we can get a better look at what is going on.

Also, just going by your screenshots, your cell signal is kind of weak. That can kill a battery quickly as well.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Media is anything related to downloads or to your sd card. So if you haven't been downloading then your card is in use. If there have been any changes to what is on your card there may be indexing going on. If you are using any app that accesses the SD card that could explain it too.

With such little time elapsed, no reason to think it is a problem. If it continued however and with no known reason, then you could have a corrupt file or the file system itself may have become corrupted. In that case, move any apps off of it, back up your card, format it, and move your files back in batches.