Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note3 (Verizon) still has 4.3, GooglePlay Music app not connecting

After the update to KitKat 4.4.2 rendered my first Note 3 unusable once it decided it wouldn't recognize its own charger, Verizon sent me a new Note 3. I have avoided updating and still have the 4.3 OS. Things work, for the most part, however, the Google Play Music app will not connect to wifi. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it, and it will only download my playlists via mobile connection. Due to phone troubles this month, my data is all used, so I would like to finish setting up this new phone via wifi.

I know the 4.4.2 prevented my phone from connection to wifi, but I don't recall the 4.3 doing this. I really don't want to download 4.4.2 again, due to all the problems it had, so is there anything I can do here?

Thanks!

Default Re: Note3 (Verizon) still has 4.3, GooglePlay Music app not connecting

Unless you're rooted the 4.4 update will be pushed to your phone no matter what you do.

Sent from my Hyperdriven Note 3
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It hasn't yet. And about my actual question... anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBond View Post
    After the update to KitKat 4.4.2 rendered my first Note 3 unusable once it decided it wouldn't recognize its own charger, Verizon sent me a new Note 3. I have avoided updating and still have the 4.3 OS. Things work, for the most part, however, the Google Play Music app will not connect to wifi. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it, and it will only download my playlists via mobile connection. Due to phone troubles this month, my data is all used, so I would like to finish setting up this new phone via wifi.

I know the 4.4.2 prevented my phone from connection to wifi, but I don't recall the 4.3 doing this. I really don't want to download 4.4.2 again, due to all the problems it had, so is there anything I can do here?

Thanks!
    What issues were you having with the kitkat update that made it unusable? I noticed slightly worse battery life with mine but I wouldn't say it's unusable.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

First off, I discovered that its the GooglePlay Music app that's buggy with its latest update.

The issues began the very day I installed 4.4.2, the screen kept freezing when I tried to just turn it on and use the phone. A friend suggested I clear out my photos and stuff (I don't use an SD card). I did that, and it let up a little bit. So I deleted all of the apps I didn't absolutely need, which was most of them. I installed them back one each day, making sure it wasn't any app causing the problem. As I racked up more photos, it became more frequent. So I just didn't keep photos on the phone.

After a few weeks and a few mysteries in communication, I realized that most of my texts were not reaching my friends, nor were their texts reaching me. Phone calls weren't going to voicemail. Photos were all of a sudden very blurry, as the shutter was staying open longer with very slow writing to the hard drive. The phone would get very hot at random times, when I was using it and when I wasn't. And after 2 weeks, that's when I noticed the battery needed to be recharged daily... then, big surprise, my charger was no longer recognized and the phone wouldn't charge... and then died.

Messages and calls not going through, though, well, that's no longer a phone, and I'm paying for nothing.