Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    637 Global Posts

Default Help with sd card

I had to get a new sd card. My old one was corrupted. Duh I can't find where in my camera settings to save pictures taken to the sd card?

sent from my Note 3

Default Re: Help with sd card

I'm not sure what you mean...but I usually just hook it up to computer and transfer from external sd to computer. Or you can use a file explorer and transfer/copy/save To internal storage on phone... then when you put in the new sd card you can transfer them back to external sd...but be careful...since KK some people say the phone will not show images and music file from external storage unless you use a third party app that is up to date and can find the info on your external sd...I would definitely store all info to computer and make sure you can view it before getting rid or moving anything on just the phone.
    Oh I forgot you could save them to a free cloud service and just view them from there if you don't want to hook to computer...just select the images and select what cloud service you want to share them with...drop box and picasa give like 5 gb free storage and more free if you recommend friends.

It should be in your settings

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    637 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lterry913 View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean...but I usually just hook it up to computer and transfer from external sd to computer. Or you can use a file explorer and transfer/copy/save To internal storage on phone... then when you put in the new sd card you can transfer them back to external sd...but be careful...since KK some people say the phone will not show images and music file from external storage unless you use a third party app that is up to date and can find the info on your external sd...I would definitely store all info to computer and make sure you can view it before getting rid or moving anything on just the phone.
    Oh I forgot you could save them to a free cloud service and just view them from there if you don't want to hook to computer...just select the images and select what cloud service you want to share them with...drop box and picasa give like 5 gb free storage and more free if you recommend friends.
    Yep I have them saved to cloud storage. My computer won't even recognize the old sd card and won't read it. I had to get a new one. Thank goodness for the cloud. I'm just bummed I lost videos. For some reason they won't play anymore even though there saved on the cloud

sent from my Note 3

There are some threads about renaming them so they play. I don't know much about that but the phone will only recognize file that end with a certain code. Maybe someone will chime in.