Launcher Question

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
If this has been asked before, I apologize in advance.
Been using my Note3 on VZW for 6 months and touch wiz has been fine.
Lately with all the google now in innovations I am interested in side loading the Google now launcher.
Were I to explore said launcher and use it as the default, if and when I chose to go back to the TouchWiz launcher as the default, would all my original screens, app icon positions and folders, still show up, or, would I have to go and redo the screens?
At least this way with some of your answers I'll have prejudice to know what I was in for, if I didn't like the Google now launcher and returned to touch wiz.
Thanks in advance. Peace

Posted via Android Central App

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
If this has been asked before, I apologize in advance.
Been using my Note3 on VZW for 6 months and touch wiz has been fine.
Lately with all the google now in innovations I am interested in side loading the Google now launcher.
Were I to explore said launcher and use it as the default, if and when I chose to go back to the TouchWiz launcher as the default, would all my original screens, app icon positions and folders, still show up, or, would I have to go and redo the screens?
At least this way with some of your answers I'll have prejudice to know what I was in for, if I didn't like the Google now launcher and returned to touch wiz.
Thanks in advance. Peace

Hey :) A launcher acts as a cover for the original UI - In my personal experience when I dont like a launcher and I disable it / remove it my original UI is still in tact without any folders being removed.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
This is true for me as well...I don't know if the widgets left on the screen still use battery(syncing and refreshing info) so it might be a good idea just to remove those...not sure.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used the Google launcher, but on Nova, you can import the home screen layouts. You can also backup the layouts.

But to answer your question, you won't lose your touchwiz layout

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the great assistive comments.
It worked great and after I played with the new launcher I went back to touch wiz and all was groovy.
Thanks again everybody! Peace

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress