Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Forward SMS to Email

Is there a safe, secure way to forward sms to my phone to a free email account like hotmail or gmail? I know it works with outlook express but I don't want personal Sms on my work email. There are some apps in the playstore but they look suspicious to me. I do NOT wish to use google phone. My friends cannot/will not learn a different phone number.

Sent from my Hyperdriven Note 3

Default Re: Forward SMS to Email

There's an app called mysms that allows you to forward SMS from your Android smartphone to any email account: More Info on this on the mysms website

I think the email forwarding is part of their premium package. Works fine for me

Hope this helps!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Does much more than I want it to do. They actually monitor your on line status! I just want sms forward to email without the bells and whistles, preferably from a developer in USA

i don't care about backing up sms.. i just want to sync sms with email so i can check my sms from online. i don't even care about sending sms from email. i just want to be able to see my sms as they arrive from my own email even if my phone is in another room

Sent from my Hyperdriven Note 3

SMS forwarding with the green icon has the ability to forward to email. I've never used the forward to email option. I used it to forward sms from one phone to another and it worked perfectly. I don't remember if it is a free version or I paid for it. Might be worth a try.

Posted via Android Central App