Forward SMS to Email

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Is there a safe, secure way to forward sms to my phone to a free email account like hotmail or gmail? I know it works with outlook express but I don't want personal Sms on my work email. There are some apps in the playstore but they look suspicious to me. I do NOT wish to use google phone. My friends cannot/will not learn a different phone number.

Sent from my Hyperdriven Note 3

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Does much more than I want it to do. They actually monitor your on line status! I just want sms forward to email without the bells and whistles, preferably from a developer in USA

i don't care about backing up sms.. i just want to sync sms with email so i can check my sms from online. i don't even care about sending sms from email. i just want to be able to see my sms as they arrive from my own email even if my phone is in another room

Sent from my Hyperdriven Note 3

Last edited:

conanheath

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
SMS forwarding with the green icon has the ability to forward to email. I've never used the forward to email option. I used it to forward sms from one phone to another and it worked perfectly. I don't remember if it is a free version or I paid for it. Might be worth a try.

Posted via Android Central App

n0rm9n

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
recDNA, please check out this app: "Relay ME"
Disclaimer: I'm the developer of Relay ME
If you want only one way forwarding, it is quite easy to set up. It doesn't use any server-side component, so your texts go directly go to your email. However, there is a catch. You need to BYO email gateway (be it a free GMail account, or your own SMTP server account), I don't like to touch your SMS messages :D
It might seem a bit weird, but if you provide it with an email sending account (a brand new free GMail/Yahoo account, for example), at least you know your texts are not on a random server ready to be hacked.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
My sms have nothing I would worry about being hacked. Just stuff like "I'll meet you for lunch". I do worry about the stagefright virus though.

shonangreg

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for this app. I just installed it on my phone, then set up a new gmail account as both the sender and receiver, and notifications for incoming SMS work fine. I do not intend to reply to SMS from the email account. I have other options for that, but this means I can be using any of my other devices and get notifications of the occasional SMS as long as those devices are set up to notify me of incoming emails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech